Tuners

James Freeman

Rock Star
Do you use a tuner pedal / clip-on?
What's your favorite?
Do you have a collection?

BOSS TU-3 here, but I'm looking at the Peterson StroboStomp HD which seems to be the crème de la crème of tuners in pedal form.

edit: Yes I know you have a modeler, this thread is about stand-alone tuners.

The PolyTune iOS app for a quickie. I don’t even think you can download it anymore.

I have an old Korg from the early 90’s when I actually care.

Pitch Lab Lite app on my phone. I had a :poop: Snark :poop: that broke and have it velcro'ed to my travel guitar.

I picked up the Boss TU-05 rechargeable clip on tuner a few weeks back. I’m satisfied with it - it has a nice big bright display and I love the fact I don’t need to deal with those button batteries anymore. It’s also fairly flexible with placement as you can rotate/angle the display in most directions. The accuracy is maybe not quite as good as the snark I had before but fine for the convenience factor and cost. I’ll use it at home mostly and open mics.

Bought a used Turbo Tuner ST-300 a few years ago and haven't looked for a tuner ever since.

I do sometimes use phone apps for tuning e.g in a guitar store or tuning my acoustic.

Love my KORG clip-on, best 12€ ever spent. 🤘

That said, if I were a pro and playing huge/loud stages, I'd definitely buy a tuner pedal, but in my use case the clip-on is perfect and saves pedalboard real estate.

I use Boss white one not sure which model it is i got it second hand. It works so i dont bother with other tuners :)

Snark Super Tight all the way:

Only other tuner I would ever buy is a Boss TU, but as I have a tuner in the Helix I don't need it atm.

900x600-yellowfin-tuna-noaa.jpg

PolyTuna™ 😁

Polytune Clip, but I never use the polyphonic mode anyway.
I'd like to grab a pedal version at some point. When using the FM9 I just use the on-board tuner of course. :)

Very happy with the StroboStomp HD (as well as the StroboClip HD when traveling without pedals).

Today, I'd probably get the StroboStomp Mini which is like the HD in a mini form factor (and cheaper).

StroboStompMini_3-4_Blue.jpg

Back