Touchscreens woes and HX Stomp

Lower right encoder issue I am not even sure what we are referring to?

To it's big brother. Which suffers from the same issue by default, just that model selection via joystick rotary function can be switched off - which pretty much all people do once they learn about it, simply because it's pointless in most cases and coming with the risk of messing up your patch.

So looking at the options in this size range. You know; like 3 things. The Stomp still is going to get my $ (again for 47th time), despite it's UI (and sound) "warts". It is what it is unfortunately ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So looking at the options in this size range. You know; like 3 things. The Stomp still is going to get my $ (again for 47th time), despite it's UI (and sound) "warts". It is what it is unfortunately ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure why I need to repeat explaining things (it's not directed at you, fwiw), but as I see it to fit as a response to your post, here goes:
Similar as for you, there's some strong reasons why there's a Stomp on my pedalboard. Playing a pretty important role even. Could not think of any decent replacement coming in that form factor (and I tried hard to find something for a variety of reasons).
So there.

Also, if I wanted, I could possibly defend the unit a lot better than what Mr. Wookie is coming up with (which is just pure ad hominem stuff without substance).
So there #2.

I actually even *do* defend the unit here and there. In addition, I even recommended it more than just once - and there's a few folks who bought it pretty much because of that.
So there #3.

But: Even if I like whatever unit a lot, in case it's coming with obvious flaws (and the flaws mentioned actually are very obvious, even if all too apparently some people don't want to agree with that for whatever reasons), it's just fair game to call them up, especially in case they could be adressed more or less easily (which they defenitely could be).
And it's got absolutely nothing to do with being a contrarian or whatever other nonsense people might be coming up with. FFS, I'm actually using the unit on a daily base, I'd consider myself a pretty experienced user, it's part of the stuff I'm earning my living with, yadayadayada - so, isn't it just absolutely obvious that I want such kinda thing to operate as flawlessly as it possibly could get?
I'm absolutely fine in case people don't notice things I notice. Or in case they just don't think it's important enough. But as much as I'm fine with them to not sign my requests, they could as well just accept that the mentioned issues *are* issues for me.

Not sure why I need to repeat explaining things (it's not directed at you, fwiw), but as I see it to fit as a response to your post, here goes:
Similar as for you, there's some strong reasons why there's a Stomp on my pedalboard. Playing a pretty important role even. Could not think of any decent replacement coming in that form factor (and I tried hard to find something for a variety of reasons).
So there.

Also, if I wanted, I could possibly defend the unit a lot better than what Mr. Wookie is coming up with (which is just pure ad hominem stuff without substance).
So there #2.

I actually even *do* defend the unit here and there. In addition, I even recommended it more than just once - and there's a few folks who bought it pretty much because of that.
So there #3.

But: Even if I like whatever unit a lot, in case it's coming with obvious flaws (and the flaws mentioned actually are very obvious, even if all too apparently some people don't want to agree with that for whatever reasons), it's just fair game to call them up, especially in case they could be adressed more or less easily (which they defenitely could be).
And it's got absolutely nothing to do with being a contrarian or whatever other nonsense people might be coming up with. FFS, I'm actually using the unit on a daily base, I'd consider myself a pretty experienced user, it's part of the stuff I'm earning my living with, yadayadayada - so, isn't it just absolutely obvious that I want such kinda thing to operate as flawlessly as it possibly could get?
I'm absolutely fine in case people don't notice things I notice. Or in case they just don't think it's important enough. But as much as I'm fine with them to not sign my requests, they could as well just accept that the mentioned issues *are* issues for me.
I'm not saying they aren't issues for you. There just is nothing else (for me) worthwhile in this form factor. They have it on lock, no matter what quibbles I may have.

As said, that's exactly the same for me. Even more of a reason not to stop asking for fixes.
What you don't seem to understand is that your issues aren't big enough to complain about for most people, and/or never even noticed/experienced. I'd rather have their efforts focused on things worthwhile.

To it's big brother. Which suffers from the same issue by default, just that model selection via joystick rotary function can be switched off - which pretty much all people do once they learn about it, simply because it's pointless in most cases and coming with the risk of messing up your patch.
I think a lot of people on this forum know about it and don't disable the function... I certainly haven't.

I think most people on this forum know about it and don't disable the function... I certainly haven't.

Well, all people I know (mainly from a german FB group) did that instantly. It really doesn't serve much of a purpose as block selection can be done pretty much just as easily when pushing down the encoder.

Why should it matter more what you seem to think of being worthwhile?
That's why it's opinion. I don't think what you go on and on and on and on about are worthwile, for reasons already stated. I disagree with you. I think you like to complain about shit that doesn't really matter to most people. That's my opinion.

835jrz.jpg

Well, all people I know (mainly from a german FB group) did that instantly. It really doesn't serve much of a purpose as block selection can be done pretty much just as easily when pushing down the encoder.
I guess it's a German thing lol cus you know people here and we don't do that.
Inglourious Basterds Reaction GIF

trying to induce levity by inserting a Nazi character gif is perhaps not in the best taste but here we go :bag

Back