HX Stomp - use real amp and model in preset?

Ledvedder

Groupie
I'm coming from an HX Effects that I've used in 4cm with my Marshall head. I set up some effects up front (wah, drives, etc), then an fx loop block, then post effects (delay, reverb, etc). I use snapshots to switch between groups of effect blocks.

I'd like to do this same thing with my HX Stomp, but have the ability to switch to a preamp model in some snapshots.

For example:
Snapshot 1 - Deluxe Reverb preamp, with the pre and post effects still usable.
Snapshot 2 - Physical Marshall head with the pre and post effects still usable.

Can I accomplish this? I'm assuming it's possible with the proper fx loop or send/return blocks.

I'm coming from an HX Effects that I've used in 4cm with my Marshall head. I set up some effects up front (wah, drives, etc), then an fx loop block, then post effects (delay, reverb, etc). I use snapshots to switch between groups of effect blocks.

I'd like to do this same thing with my HX Stomp, but have the ability to switch to a preamp model in some snapshots.

For example:
Snapshot 1 - Deluxe Reverb preamp, with the pre and post effects still usable.
Snapshot 2 - Physical Marshall head with the pre and post effects still usable.

Can I accomplish this? I'm assuming it's possible with the proper fx loop or send/return blocks.
I have an XL and I new to it and have not tried what you are doing, but It's my understanding that you would need to put preamp in both snapshots and just turn it off on the second like you would any other effect. In theory it should work as long as you dont run out of DSP.

I'm sure someone that has done exactly this will chime in soon.

All that is required is to run the amp block in parallel with the loop that your real amp preamp is inserted into. To switch between the two, mute either the return of the loop or the output of the amp block.

All that is required is to run the amp block in parallel with the loop that your real amp preamp is inserted into. To switch between the two, mute either the return of the loop or the output of the amp block.
I got it working running the preamp block and the fx loop block in serial. Then just enabling each block while disabling the other block per shapshot. Would running the blocks in parallel make a difference?

I got it working running the preamp block and the fx loop block in serial. Then just enabling each block while disabling the other block per shapshot. Would running the blocks in parallel make a difference?

Same result, different approach.

You don't want to run them in parallel, as when one is bypassed, it'll still pass the dry signal through, mixing it with the active block (either real amp via FX Loop or amp model). Serial is the way to do this.

got it working running the preamp block and the fx loop block in serial. Then just enabling each block while disabling the other block per shapshot
this is how we do it now 90s pop GIF by NOW That's Music

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Back