Touchscreens woes and HX Stomp

And btw:

It also helps when we don't have to tilt our heads to determine whether someone's thing is a thing or simply an exercise in contrarianism.

In my case, it very certainly *never* is the latter. I can thoroughly elaborate regarding the issues I'm having with certain things. And none of it is unreasoned.

I couldn't be happier with my stomp. Being able to make this little device sound like this 5150 Amp and Cab by "FRFR" is priceless.
20231011_221055.jpg

touchscreen is jank for typing out stuff. I think as modellers get more advanced, it’s not just naming presets - it’ll be typing to search, naming “block presets”, naming scribble strips.

iphone/ipad controller can be a reasonable stand in for this without having to hook up to a computer.

iphone/ipad controller can be a reasonable stand in for this without having to hook up to a computer.

If I had to choose between an onboard touchscreen and a (halfway decent of course) editor for mobile OSes, I'd *always* go for the latter. I'd even think about purchasing an extra tablet that I'd keep in my modelers case/bag and possibly wouldn't use it for anything else.
Besides, apart from plain old editing, tablets can make up as great performance enhancers (think along the lines of a Kaos Pad or whatever).

...kinda? :ROFLMAO:

The GT-1000CORE is pretty great, but can't do half of what the lil' Stomp can.
The Core took 1 good thing about the Stomp then focused on all the wrong things. I don't give an F if you can't use the hardcoded compressor and chorus blocks while only offering 1 reverb block because you're dumb and stubborn.

The GT-1000CORE is pretty great, but can't do half of what the lil' Stomp can.
How so? Never tried it, but did watch a bunch of demos, like the rest of us. It has full GT 1000 power in it. It should be able to do everything the Stomp can, and much more.

Uh, nope, not by a mile on the G3. I love that unit for what it is. But the Stomp is far more powerful and is easier to edit.

D

This wasn't about more powerful.

And as far as easy to edit goes:
- More parameters exposed at once on the G3 -> less scrolling.
- Most relevant parameters mapped to the first page, which IMO is just what the doctor ordered. With the Stomp you are flipping pages like a madman just to adjust, say, drive and volume of any dirt pedal with more than 3 parameters.
- IMO the encoder ballistics are way superior on the G3. Not only do they click, there's also more friction and the auto acceleration is working better as well.
- When you (deliberately or accidentally, the latter happening a lot on the Stomp, due to the lower right encoder always working as a block type selector) change a block model and decide to go back to the previously selected block, the Zoom units keep that block's settings intact, which is just excellent.

Man there is a poster on TOP that would be foaming at the mouth at the chance to declare the superiority of the gt-1000core if he saw this thread. No updates required, fully featured, blah blah.

Back