Touchscreens woes and HX Stomp

Unfortunately (because I own one), I would almost totally disagree...
CZ7B3FJPEJCUXOEWCKHDK5LWVM.jpg

Posting it here just to see you kids argue for a day or two :rofl but also because the UX on the HX Stomp cannot praised enough, IMHO. It's remarkable how usable the interface is, given its size constraints.
I agree completely - given the small size of the unit and the necessarily small screen that this entails, the on-board UI is great - I almost never feel the need to use HX Edit.

So, where's the updates to change that at least somewhat?
It's not that these issues are exclusive to Mr. Franck.
Collectively, Team Helix has read millions (perhaps tens of millions) of forum posts, PMs, texts, emails, and YouTube comments since 2015. Aside from a very few exceptions (like DL4 MkII's LOOOOOONG overdue firmware update :confused:), we've gotten exceptionally good at determining whether or not someone's particular thing is actually a thing, despite their repeated insistence that the thing is indeed a thing. A lot of it's data driven, but a lot of it's also gut instinct. And it's always viewed through the lens of feasibility, complexity, scope, schedule, strategy, and cost.

If every thing that everyone insisted is a thing was indeed a thing, we'd be chasing things forever instead of making new gear and improving existing things for as many users as possible.

It also helps when we don't have to tilt our heads to determine whether someone's thing is a thing or simply an exercise in contrarianism. Which is why "Hey, there's a lot of stuff I like here but this could be improved" is much more successful at getting things addressed than "I'm going to pop in and contradict everything you write, even when I'm objectively wrong—oh, and this could be improved."

Where does "bUt aCKshUaLEE" end and legitimate discourse begin? I don't have the time or inclination to figure that out. Stupid memes are easier at that point.

we've gotten exceptionally good at determining whether or not someone's particular thing is actually a thing

I disagree at least partially.

Within the HX UI (especially regarding the Stomp) there's sort of a handful utterly stupid things - and pretty much each and every more or less regular user will actually agree on those.
Further, from all I know about the kind of things that possibly could be fixed, most of them are in that group.

You can become all defensive all day long and promote things that I obviously can't personally comprehend, but that doesn't change a thing.

I'd vastly prefer an answer such as "we've got different priorities, deal with it!" At least that'd be not all that defensive.

Back