Showcase your live presets

HotRats

Roadie
I thought might be cool to see how other users build their live presets and get some inspiration and ideas.
I'll start.

This is my current kitchen sink preset (for Helix Floor), the showcased one is based on the Park 75 brt amp and what you'll hear comes form a Peavy 2x12 with greenbacks powered by a seymour duncan powerstage 700. Is meant to be used in an rock/hard rock band.

Video is recorded with my phone so don't expect studio quality. It's actually shitty like my spoken english.

Layout use 10 stomp mode and take advantage of the new snapshot feature that allow to put 2 of them in the same FS.
The goal here is to have some variety of effects and minimize tap dancing (and presets numbers to maintain for whole setlist). I can (and do) build a copy of the same preset with a different set of effects (or a different amp) and cover more ground.

This preset use:
for the clean channel a boost, a phaser, a rotary, a delay and its own reverb settings (via snapshot);
for the dirty channel boost, phaser, octaver, delay and its own reverb settings.

I use 2 split paths to toggle clean and dirty channel and to route/group things assigned to upper and lower footswitch rows,
upper split is for clean ch effects, lower for dirty,
the snapshots (FS7) controls split point routing, noise gate on/off state, reverb settings and amp volume.

The clean channel is obtained lowering the volume in front of the amp with an eq block (that adds some highs too).
First eq block is a low cut a 70hz.

FS1 is assigned to a gain block for volume boosting for solos.

Expression pedal 1 controls mix and feedback of both delays
Expression pedal 2 controls a volume block and is used for swells (when you switch to exp2, exp 1 brings mix and feedback up at max values and leave them there while using exp2)
Expression pedal 2 controlsother fx parameters (all modulations speeds in this case)

Send block goes to the power amp and cab (in stereo just because I can, LOL).

I think that's all.

If anyone is interested here's the custom tone link. I use a YA M25 Mix1 IR for the direct out.

Helix Kitchen Sink Preset.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds great!

This could definitely be a fun thread and after so long of talking to everyone about HOW they use their rigs, it’d be great to hear it in action! I’ve got some friends coming over tonight but maybe I can squeeze something out before they get over.

I should have played something more interesting instead of just noodling but the idea come to mind while I was recording a clip for a friend.

I should have raised my voice louder too.

I hope many of you will follow.

I should have played something more interesting instead of just noodling but the idea come to mind while I was recording a clip for a friend.

I should have raised my voice louder too.

I hope many of you will follow.

It was fine, man! I’m just listening on an ipad at work and I could hear everything just fine!

It might be cool to hear specific applications of presets/scenes, like “This is the scene I use for my extended ’Mustang Sally’ solo that brings the house down every time. Guitarists run when I play that solo because of my ferocity on the guitar…”……oh yeah, this isn’t TGP :rofl

On the helix I use snaps across the back row and stomps up front. The 4 snapshots are clean, clean drenched in effects, dirty, and dirty with effects. Stomps are momentary octave up and down, an infinite repeat delay and the last one is an extra modulation that I change based on my mood haha but usually either chorus, phaser or trem.

I stole a lot of the blocks from mishas preset: comp, boost, amp. I think I'm using the heliosphere. I have a flanger set real low in the mix on my dirty snapshot but then higher in the mix on the 2 ambient ones with lots of delay and reverb. Revv red and archon clean amp blocks. Room reverb. The infinite delay is fun for an ambient noise bed between songs. The octaves are super fun but I don't wanna overuse them bc it really ties me down right in front of the helix but in small doses they add a lot.

This looks very interesting. I may look into setting my Helix up this way. Thanks for sharing!!

On the helix I use snaps across the back row and stomps up front. The 4 snapshots are clean, clean drenched in effects, dirty, and dirty with effects. Stomps are momentary octave up and down, an infinite repeat delay and the last one is an extra modulation that I change based on my mood haha but usually either chorus, phaser or trem.

I stole a lot of the blocks from mishas preset: comp, boost, amp. I think I'm using the heliosphere. I have a flanger set real low in the mix on my dirty snapshot but then higher in the mix on the 2 ambient ones with lots of delay and reverb. Revv red and archon clean amp blocks. Room reverb. The infinite delay is fun for an ambient noise bed between songs. The octaves are super fun but I don't wanna overuse them bc it really ties me down right in front of the helix but in small doses they add a lot.

Thanks for sharing.
I'll take a look into this infinite delay.

Not a ton of fun guitar tones to use in the last cover band I was in, unfortunately. But it was the first time I ever played mostly clean in a band, so that was fun.

Oh, for the solo scene in “Soul To Squeeze” there’s a normal 1/4 note delay in parallel and then a 1/2 note reverse delay at the very end of the chain in series, you can’t hear it well in this vid but when it’s cranked up it has a really cool way of fading out and creeping back in.

I thought might be cool to see how other users build their live presets and get some inspiration and ideas.
I'll start.

This is my current kitchen sink preset (for Helix Floor), the showcased one is based on the Park 75 brt amp and what you'll hear comes form a Peavy 2x12 with greenbacks powered by a seymour duncan powerstage 700. Is meant to be used in an rock/hard rock band.

Video is recorded with my phone so don't expect studio quality. It's actually shitty like my spoken english.

Layout use 10 stomp mode and take advantage of the new snapshot feature that allow to put 2 of them in the same FS.
The goal here is to have some variety of effects and minimize tap dancing (and presets numbers to maintain for whole setlist). I can (and do) build a copy of the same preset with a different set of effects (or a different amp) and cover more ground.

This preset use:
for the clean channel a boost, a phaser, a rotary, a delay and its own reverb settings (via snapshot);
for the dirty channel boost, phaser, octaver, delay and its own reverb settings.

I use 2 split paths to toggle clean and dirty channel and to route/group things assigned to upper and lower footswitch rows,
the snapshots (FS7) controls split point routing, noise gate on/off state, reverb settings and amp volume.

The clean channel is obtained lowering the volume in front of the amp with an eq block (that adds some highs too).

Expression pedal 2 controls a volume block and is used for swells (when you switch to exp2, exp 1 brings mix and feedback up at max values and leave them there while using exp2)
Expression pedal 2 controlsother fx parameters (all modulations speeds in this case)

I think that's all.

If anyone is interested here's the custom tone link. I use a YA M25 Mix1 IR for the direct out.

View attachment 824

That was cool and your tones and playing sound great! I like the way you've laid out the switches, too.

Not a ton of fun guitar tones to use in the last cover band I was in, unfortunately. But it was the first time I ever played mostly clean in a band, so that was fun.

Oh, for the solo scene in “Soul To Squeeze” there’s a normal 1/4 note delay in parallel and then a 1/2 note reverse delay at the very end of the chain in series, you can’t hear it well in this vid but when it’s cranked up it has a really cool way of fading out and creeping back in.

Great Strat tones and playing! Love the juicy JTM45 vibe. That's one of (probably my absolute favourite) Fractal models.

That was cool and your tones and playing sound great! I like the way you've laid out the switches, too.

Great Strat tones and playing! Love the juicy JTM45 vibe. That's one of (probably my absolute favourite) Fractal models.

Thanks, brother!

Funnily enough, I dialed all these in for my PRS SE that I stayed on the neck/split coil the entire time. When I tried the same presets with the Strat they were considerably better sounding. Between the JTM45 and the Bassman, I’m not sure there’s any other amp I’d prefer for the big Strat sound.

I appreciate that this is really about a presets demo, but it's just kinda nice getting to hang out with you for a few minutes on a Saturday night in your living room, whilst I'm hanging out in my living room on a Saturday night. Dig the lighting too.

Do you have any sweeteners first in line, or is your signal going straight into the amp block?

Sounds good. Liked the jcm 800 tone a lot.
Thanks for sharing.

I'll start.

This preset use:

I think that's all.

View attachment 824

I suck at doing video and audio for posting online so here is my customtone stuff. Feel free to check out some of the patches I uploaded.

I appreciate that this is really about a presets demo, but it's just kinda nice getting to hang out with you for a few minutes on a Saturday night in your living room, whilst I'm hanging out in my living room on a Saturday night. Dig the lighting too.

Do you have any sweeteners first in line, or is your signal going straight into the amp block?

Sorry bro, I just saw this now!

There’s a compressor before the amp, but it’s barely doing anything and only on the main “Cleanish” scene. The PRS definitely needed it, the Strats not so much.

I’ve considered doing some live streams as I’m working on music to maybe give some insight into the whole process of writing/recording that I get asked about occasionally. Though I’d probably just end up getting sh*tfaced and playing like ass an hour into it. :rofl

Finally got around to doing this.
I was going to wait until my setup felt a little more complete :farley for the new cover band, but I think I'm comfortable with how things are ATM. These amp tones have been the same since 2020, Essex A30 (Vox AC30 for you real-worlders) into an IR/Cab with a Creamback.

One bank of three presets per the two guitars I use (I only bring one with me)
Three presets: (1) Droptune, (2) Wah, (3) Fuzzy
Pictured below is the Wah preset, which I stay on most of the time.

Effects List For All 3 Presets (not all of them on the same preset)
Fassel Wah, Poly Capo, Pitch Wham, Deluxe Compressor, Minotaur, KWB (Distortion/Fuzz), Tremolo, Cosmos Echo Delay (Space Echo), Dynamic Plate Reverb, Cave Reverb

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 1.44.57 PM.png

Last edited:
Back