TONEX PEDAL ...... MAJOR FREE F/W UPDATE ..... Nov 2024

I’m sensing I may have stepped into a larger argument unknowingly. Does the Cortex force having to use the cloud to use the device?
It doesn't no. But you can't backup your presets and captures as files on your local storage. You have to use their cloud to do it. I didn't like this at launch in 2021, but now I'm a bit more chill about it. Although I did have a thing where my 2021 backup was no longer functioning correctly, and so my 2021 captures are lost to the sands of thyme.

That’s a big update especially since ToneX one gets it too
How will the foot switches work after the update? Press and hold? Press current for more? Combo press? In other words, how would you get to tap-tempo, tuner, etc...?

How will the foot switches work after the update? Press and hold? Press current for more? Combo press? In other words, how would you get to tap-tempo, tuner, etc...?
At the end of the day, we have to remind ourselves that the One is a single footswitch device. I’d assume it’s going to be: “you get two presets or one with bypass, here’s fx you can use in your presets, no other changes.”

Great update, for sure.

Even so, the input gain nightmare for other´s captures is a no go.

I still have effects I like, so an smaler device (comparing to the Tonex Pedal) to integrate with it is OK in my use case. Plus, I can trust any capture out there to be well calibrated (which is important to me, because I can safely test captures of amps I´d like to try), and I can easily and quickly capture my own gear. Add the midi (comparing to the ToneX One).

But great move from IK, and I can understand many users to find it a better choice than the NC. For me it isn´t.

At the end of the day, we have to remind ourselves that the One is a single footswitch device. I’d assume it’s going to be: “you get two presets or one with bypass, here’s fx you can use in your presets, no other changes.”
I wasn't talking about the One. I meant the larger 3-button unit.

Supposedly they are releasing an Editor update as well that sounds like it's a real time editor. This would be just as big as the added effects IMO.

Supposedly they are releasing an Editor update as well that sounds like it's a real time editor. This would be just as big as the added effects IMO.

If that were the case, the only thing left that would bug me about it is the input levels issue but there's no way that train is getting unwrecked. And IMHO, that is a nearly fatal flaw.

This update makes it a little more likely I will hang on to my OG ToneX pedal but the level thing has really put me off using it anywhere near as much as the QC or from even bothering to create my own captures...

IMG_2897.gif

Edit: Oops… jumped the gun again.

I wasn't talking about the One. I meant the larger 3-button unit.
Unfortunately I’m not sure it changes the answer. Maybe there is some other press and hold functionality on the other switches we don’t know about though.

I’m with you, I’d like to see some creative options there, but I couldn’t imagine IK coming anywhere close to something like the HxStomp, for example.

Unfortunately I’m not sure it changes the answer. Maybe there is some other press and hold functionality on the other switches we don’t know about though.

I’m with you, I’d like to see some creative options there, but I couldn’t imagine IK coming anywhere close to something like the HxStomp, for example.
I'd love to see Fractal-style foot switch capabilities on the Tonex!

We have one more day of ToneX week , maybe that’s the big final announcement that they overhauled the editor completely

Line 6 still has to gleefully be rubbing their hands together that iK was too stupid to make the Amplitube pedalboard WAY back around the time it became viable around 2008-2011 era. Helix + Helix Native totally obliterated Amplitube's ten + year head start

Back