TONEX PEDAL ...... MAJOR FREE F/W UPDATE ..... Nov 2024

BenIfin

Roadie
Hey all !

This is actually a pretty big update - FREE TONEX Pedal and TONEX ONE Firmware Update in November 2024

=> 8 new effects, incl. 2 delays, chorus, flanger, tremolo, phaser and rotary (all tap-tempo controllable) and a new spring reverb.
=> 2 new effects blocks that can be configured pre-or-post-amp and/or cab
=> 7 Slot Rig .... NOISE GATE - AMP - CAB - COMP - MOD - DELAY - REVERB

Free?!?! Don't they know this stuff is worth a $300 upgrade!?!
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Hey all !

This is actually a pretty big update - FREE TONEX Pedal and TONEX ONE Firmware Update in November 2024

=> 8 new effects, incl. 2 delays, chorus, flanger, tremolo, phaser and rotary (all tap-tempo controllable) and a new spring reverb.
=> 2 new effects blocks that can be configured pre-or-post-amp and/or cab
=> 7 Slot Rig .... NOISE GATE - AMP - CAB - COMP - MOD - DELAY - REVERB

That’s a big update especially since ToneX one gets it too

but still no ability to load a drive capture in front of an amp capture?

edit: I guess this is more of a Tonex application request than a Tonex pedal request. I wouldn't be surprised if the pedal can't handle two captures. But the computer app? come on.

rihanna savage GIF

IK be like “Ya know, a free update would be well timed right about now” :ROFLMAO:
:rofl

They have had it since spring , just waiting for the right moment .
Timing is everything

.. jokes aside its very cool that they are leaning towards the FAS. Helix , Fender FREE updates rather than the paid

It also becomes a fairly strong competitor to The Nano Cortez at $150 more and 5 effects vs 15

It also becomes a fairly strong competitor to The Nano Cortez at $150 more and 5 effects vs 15

I'm not after either of these products ..... I look at it this way ....... its $150 less than the NC ... is has more Blocks .... is has 3 x FSW not 2 ... it has an albeit [very] basic Screen ..... it has 10 more EFX .... Tonex Null tests quite a bit better than NDSP Capturing if that's important to you .... there is no cloud shit or cloud registering involved ..... you can save anything you want to your own PC ....... I would say if you are looking at the NC or this updated Tonex ..... the Tonex Pedal is a %1000 no brainer ..... even allowing for the shitty software :)

But like I've said .... static capturing by anyone is no longer for me

Last edited:
You have to question 4 of the 6 verbs being spring? Really guys? Did we really think 4 variations of spring would be more useful than a chamber or maybe even shimmer verb?

I’m kind of expecting the FX add ins to be generic implementations rather than targeting specifics like the CE-1 or Echoplex, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

In either event I applaud the ongoing free updates.

Last edited:
awesome news. this means that a full modeler isn't far away for them. People will complain about button count on the current tonex pedal and that will spawn the Tonex XL with eleventy five buttons.

Back