Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Man it is a shame IK did not release some kind of capture hardware at the start. then there would be some kind of standard value instead of all this guess work. All of my QC captures are level aligned because they are all captured with a QC. I'm sure Kemper is the same but Tonocracy, ToneX, Genome, anything based on NAM, these are all gonna be all over the place.
They did - the ToneX Capture.

They did - the ToneX Capture.
I mean a hardware device, like QC that also does capture; an all-in-one that does captures to serve as a baseline, such that levels would be normalized and everyone delivering captures for the platform would have to align or users would complain/etc.

By releasing everything piecemeal, VST, optional capture box, stand alone player; the door is open on all of the VSTs to basically be the wild west as far as levels go. It is a major drawback vs Kemper, QC, etc; IMHO.

The buy-in is cheaper but the results are all over the place, IMHO. My QC is way more consistent for caps and levels vs ToneX even though ToneX is theoretically "more accurate".

Thanks. Just looking at what my options are now for something that can get me good amp sounds but also portable & not crazy complicated to switch between.

I'd hold out for Dimehead!

I leave the tonex input at -12 to -15 dB btw, and boost into it instead. For some reason, this improves my noise floor

I mean a hardware device, like QC that also does capture; an all-in-one that does captures to serve as a baseline, such that levels would be normalized and everyone delivering captures for the platform would have to align or users would complain/etc.

By releasing everything piecemeal, VST, optional capture box, stand alone player; the door is open on all of the VSTs to basically be the wild west as far as levels go. It is a major drawback vs Kemper, QC, etc; IMHO.

The buy-in is cheaper but the results are all over the place, IMHO. My QC is way more consistent for caps and levels vs ToneX even though ToneX is theoretically "more accurate".
I couldn´t agree more. I guess this should be clear now... I don´t even use NAM with online captures because I just don´t feel like trying and guessing. I just use it with my own captures because I can compare with my real amp and fine tune the gain of the profile.

For me, Tonocracy is the only solution that fixes a bit that issue. Apart from that, only Kemper/QC/Headrush can guarantee good leveling of captures.

Anyone seen the Tonex Mini EDIT: Tonex One leak (or "leak"?) over at TOP?

Not for me at all, but some are gonna enjoy having a Mooer-sized Tonex player that can store a good bunch of profiles.

Apparently, it's priced slightly above 200 bucks, which I guess is fair enough.

Last edited:
Anyone seen the Tonex Mini leak (or "leak"?) over at TOP?

Not for me at all, but some are gonna enjoy having a Mooer-sized Tonex player that can store a good bunch of profiles.

No. Links?

No. Links?

IMG_3828.png

"A complete live rig in the palm of your hand

TONEX One delivers the same cutting-edge amp, cab, and pedal tones as TONEX Pedal, but in a pocket-sized, streamlined device. TONEX One can replace any amp, boost, overdrive, distortion, or fuzz pedal, and its small size allows it to fit anywhere on any pedalboard. And with adjustable knob colors, any artist can afford to stack and configure as many independent effects as they need and easily tell them apart on stage. With the world's best tones taking up half the size of a traditional stomp pedal, there's no limit to what a pedalboard can do.

FEATURES:
• Advanced AI Machine Modeling™ technology for hyper-realistic tone
• Play models of amps, amps+cabs, combos or distortion, overdrive, fuzz, boost and EQ pedals
• Stores up to 8 banks of 3 Tone Models each (2 for dual mode, 1 for bypass mode)
• Gain, bass, mid, treble, and volume controls
• Onboard EQ, gate, compressor and reverb
• Tracks all on-stage changes with “always saved” behavior
• Dual A/B or on/off operating modes
• Cabinet bypass to connect to traditional rigs
• TRS stereo output to connect to other pedals, PA or headphones
• Runs on standard 9v pedal power supplies
• Also works as a USB audio interface for recording
• Access to ToneNET to share, download and load over 25,000 free and premium Tone Models

An endless ecosystem of tone

TONEX One offers complete access to the TONEX ecosystem. Connecting to a computer via USB-C, users can load dozens of included Tone Models, any they create themselves, or choose from over 25,000 available Tone Models on ToneNET. Just connect the included TONEX Librarian to easily load, save and manage all Tone Models in seconds.

Two modes, unlimited possibilities TONEX One offers 2 performance modes: The dual preset mode hosts two presets, allowing the footswitch to toggle between them. It functions akin to a two channel amp - artists can have both clean and crunch sounds in one box, easily toggling between two completely different sets of Tone Models and settings.

The on-off mode works just like most pedals, toggling between a single preset and a bypassed state. This mode makes TONEX One an ideal overdrive pedal offering limitless choices of overdrive, fuzz and more. Best of all, TONEX One lets users save up to 8 banks of unique dual/on-off combinations, for a total of 24 total onboard Tone Models. With the ability to stack multiple TONEX One on a single board, the combinations are endless."

tklnd7c5r8xwuk7dpbcn_1800x1800.png

Last edited:
Now that will probably be a big seller as it solves one of the problems with the Tonex pedal - its large size. That could potentially be a good "just throw an amp/cab sim at something" product.

I wonder if it can run the same models as the full size box or if this needs to run lower quality ones?

View attachment 21917

"A complete live rig in the palm of your hand

TONEX One delivers the same cutting-edge amp, cab, and pedal tones as TONEX Pedal, but in a pocket-sized, streamlined device. TONEX One can replace any amp, boost, overdrive, distortion, or fuzz pedal, and its small size allows it to fit anywhere on any pedalboard. And with adjustable knob colors, any artist can afford to stack and configure as many independent effects as they need and easily tell them apart on stage. With the world's best tones taking up half the size of a traditional stomp pedal, there's no limit to what a pedalboard can do.

FEATURES:
• Advanced AI Machine Modeling™ technology for hyper-realistic tone
• Play models of amps, amps+cabs, combos or distortion, overdrive, fuzz, boost and EQ pedals
• Stores up to 8 banks of 3 Tone Models each (2 for dual mode, 1 for bypass mode)
• Gain, bass, mid, treble, and volume controls
• Onboard EQ, gate, compressor and reverb
• Tracks all on-stage changes with “always saved” behavior
• Dual A/B or on/off operating modes
• Cabinet bypass to connect to traditional rigs
• TRS stereo output to connect to other pedals, PA or headphones
• Runs on standard 9v pedal power supplies
• Also works as a USB audio interface for recording
• Access to ToneNET to share, download and load over 25,000 free and premium Tone Models

An endless ecosystem of tone

TONEX One offers complete access to the TONEX ecosystem. Connecting to a computer via USB-C, users can load dozens of included Tone Models, any they create themselves, or choose from over 25,000 available Tone Models on ToneNET. Just connect the included TONEX Librarian to easily load, save and manage all Tone Models in seconds.

Two modes, unlimited possibilities TONEX One offers 2 performance modes: The dual preset mode hosts two presets, allowing the footswitch to toggle between them. It functions akin to a two channel amp - artists can have both clean and crunch sounds in one box, easily toggling between two completely different sets of Tone Models and settings.

The on-off mode works just like most pedals, toggling between a single preset and a bypassed state. This mode makes TONEX One an ideal overdrive pedal offering limitless choices of overdrive, fuzz and more. Best of all, TONEX One lets users save up to 8 banks of unique dual/on-off combinations, for a total of 24 total onboard Tone Models. With the ability to stack multiple TONEX One on a single board, the combinations are endless."

View attachment 21918
Would be nice if they released they rev/delay/mod pedals in this format. It would be extra nice if they allowed for chaining them with TRS cables and allow digital communication between the units to avoid latency.

Would be nice if they released they rev/delay/mod pedals in this format. It would be extra nice if they allowed for chaining them with TRS cables and allow digital communication between the units to avoid latency.
I really doubt digital connections will happen in that form factor, but otherwise I do agree.

Anyone seen the Tonex Mini EDIT: Tonex One leak (or "leak"?) over at TOP?

That’s a Canadian site , Stateside should be about $189

Back