Tonex, ended up sucking for me.

incredible how actual musicians survived with one marshall, one cab, one guitar for so long without having all the cabs and all the amps in a box

incredible how actual musicians survived with one marshall, one cab, one guitar for so long without having all the cabs and all the amps in a box
Just because it's old or was done a certain way 30+ years ago doesn't mean it was better.

I think you are kidding yourself if you don't think some of those musicians of old wouldn't have been all about digital or this new tech coming out.

Just because it's old or was done a certain way 30+ years ago doesn't mean it was better.

I think you are kidding yourself if you don't think some of those musicians of old wouldn't have been all about digital or this new tech coming out.
THE CAVEMEN SURVIVED WITH NOTHING BUT ANIMAL SKINS AND FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amps were the new tech back then and digitalz have been used since the late 70s. Nothing new but that wasn't the point.

THE CAVEMEN SURVIVED WITH NOTHING BUT ANIMAL SKINS AND FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

motley crue looks that kill GIF

Incredible how many spent horrific amounts of money they really needed for food or other necessities in order to try another speaker or cab because back then extremely costly meatspace was the only option available to them

Incredible how many spent horrific amounts of money they really needed for food or other necessities in order to try another speaker or cab because back then extremely costly meatspace was the only option available to them
You can't get something for nothing...

You see, nothing changed. You can still get an amp, a cab and a guitar and it would still require the same amount of effort today. Probably even more so because accommodating such a setup would require a more select rental space on top of the inflated prices on gear. If you already have the space and the money then you put the effort in some other venue in your life instead of music so you didn't paid your due to the music. If you go the easy route, simulations, which by all means is absolutely not the same as running the real things then you didn't invest the same energy as someone who uses the real things. If you indeed spent the energy to learn the craft, explored all that is to be explored and finally choose to go the easy route then you can see it as a reward. But starting fresh and choosing the easy route means you're trying to cheat and that'll never work. And yeah ... having subscribers on YT doesn't amount to anything. That's not art. That's marketing.

Last edited:
You see, nothing changed. You can still get an amp, a cab and a guitar and it would still require the same amount of effort today. Probably even more so because accommodating such a setup would require a more select rental space on top of the inflated prices on gear. If you already have the space and the money then you put the effort in some other venue in your life instead of music so you didn't paid your due to the music. If you go the easy route, simulations, which by all means is absolutely not the same as running the real things then you didn't invest the same energy as someone who uses the real things. If you indeed spent the energy to learn the craft, explored all that is to be explored and finally choose to go the easy route then you can see it as a reward. But starting fresh and choosing the easy route means you're trying to cheat and that'll never work. And yeah ... having subscribers on YT doesn't amount to anything. That's not art. That's marketing.
Did you just call modeling “cheating”?! 😂😂😂😂😂

Did you just call modeling “cheating”?! 😂😂😂😂😂
Modelling in itself just is. Depends on what you do with it. From a technical point of view. From a non-technical point of view this discussion doesn't even have anything to do with music. Most of them don't.

That's nonsense. Modeling existing amps might qualify as cheating, modeling original ones defenitely isn't.
What I said is modelling just is ... as in cheating/not cheating are not qualities of modelling but of humans who use modelling.
Also "modelling originals" is a brainfart.

Errr, no.
Yep. I have been blessed with advanced logical vector analysis capabilities when it comes to digitalz. On the other hand the analog world cannot be refuted by any mortal being, myself included.

Modelling in itself just is. Depends on what you do with it. From a technical point of view. From a non-technical point of view this discussion doesn't even have anything to do with music. Most of them don't.
I’d like to hear more about how it’s “cheating”. Who is being cheated? What are people/a person being cheated out of?

Not gonna lie, this post actually made me go log back into my IK account and download Tonex CS. Will be Tuesday before I can put any real time into playing with it, but trying to get stuff organized ahead of time. So far: OH MY GAWD HAS MY BITCHING ABOUT THE CUMBERSOME NATURE OF IKM NOT BEEN OVERBLOWN. That said, I THINK I finally have the "so I go hear, search there, download over here, create account here that matches the one over there but also has a nickname that is different than the username, and then I'll be set to try-before-I-download over there, and once I find stuff I like can download here and organize there" approach to all of this. Or maybe I've just confused myself not actually having a guitar/interface in hand while setting this up...

e65.gif

Back