Tone X Capture Thread

Dual Rec caps are up. I'm pretty happy with these. I love this amp!

LhbXavN.png

lbdMTvQ.png

@texhex your caps are badass. Just went through them with headphones and I liked all of them, but the recto, 5153 and mark caps especially are :chef

Are you considering doing DI caps? (I lose a little zip on them trying to go through my cab and disabling the cab via the global bypass on the pedal)

Gonna try using some of these in a mix later. Top notch dude.

@texhex your caps are badass. Just went through them with headphones and I liked all of them, but the recto, 5153 and mark caps especially are :chef

Are you considering doing DI caps? (I lose a little zip on them trying to go through my cab and disabling the cab via the global bypass on the pedal)

Gonna try using some of these in a mix later. Top notch dude.

Glad you like em. Headphones are usually how I roll too pretty much always with Reverb and sometimes Delay. Thanks @SwirlyMaple, these are still pretty Dope. I also started using some old Hi-Fi speakers I dug out of storage and a 12" powered Sub I got a sick deal on recently.

I need to try the DI (no cab) versions. If these just didn't take 25 minutes each. Ugh! I'm going to upload another Mark V Crunch with a little less gain in about 20 mins and I've got one more to shoot with even less gain to make adding a drive to it sit right.

I really need to redo my work area though, it's getting a little "mad scientist" with all these cables and crap around. Afraid I'm gonna bump into something and knock some sh!t over on accident.

tXrAf5Q.jpg

Glad you like em. Headphones are usually how I roll too pretty much always with Reverb and sometimes Delay. Thanks @SwirlyMaple, these are still pretty Dope. I also started using some old Hi-Fi speakers I dug out of storage and a 12" powered Sub I got a sick deal on recently.

I need to try the DI (no cab) versions. If these just didn't take 25 minutes each. Ugh! I'm going to upload another Mark V Crunch with a little less gain in about 20 mins and I've got one more to shoot with even less gain to make adding a drive to it sit right.

I really need to redo my work area though, it's getting a little "mad scientist" with all these cables and crap around. Afraid I'm gonna bump into something and knock some sh!t over on accident.

tXrAf5Q.jpg
Fwiw; that Mesa OS cab adds some mojo. Running your caps with the FM doing fx duty through an SS power amp into my F12 loaded 112 is MASSIVE sounding.

I removed the cab via the pedal and it thins out the caps considerably. Software must have a hard time discerning the cab section. They are friggin ace with cab baked in though, just depends how you want to run them.
That's what I've been noticing as well. I think DI or baked in is the way to go vs removing the cabs as you mentioned.

Still, I'm amazed at how good this thing sounds

I removed the cab via the pedal and it thins out the caps considerably. Software must have a hard time discerning the cab section. They are friggin ace with cab baked in though, just depends how you want to run them.
This. I prefer amp only caps generally anyway. Texs are great but I usually don't like other people's IRs.

Fwiw; that Mesa OS cab adds some mojo. Running your caps with the FM doing fx duty through an SS power amp into my F12 loaded 112 is MASSIVE sounding.

I agree. The Mesa cab compliments these very well. I only tend to use caps with cabs baked in if trying to record, I have a feeling these caps would be EPIC taken straight DI where I could get my 412 flapping in the wind. Can’t complain about Tonex not being able to effectively disable the cab, I’m not even sure what voodoo it would take to discern where the cab starts/ends when a cap has the cab built in.

I agree. The Mesa cab compliments these very well. I only tend to use caps with cabs baked in if trying to record, I have a feeling these caps would be EPIC taken straight DI where I could get my 412 flapping in the wind. Can’t complain about Tonex not being able to effectively disable the cab, I’m not even sure what voodoo it would take to discern where the cab starts/ends when a cap has the cab built in.
A version of a merged profiles would be neat. Not that Kemper was perfect

Dang! I was playing @texhex's captures this way - guitar -> Helix -> USB to Tonex CS USB back to Helix -> SD Powerstage 200 -> Mesa 2x12 vertical. This was of course with Tonex removing the cabs and I thought they sounded great, with the exception of the Mark IV, which sounded a bit boxy this way. Guessing Tonex had more trouble removing the cab on this one for some reason.

I can't imagine how good direct ones would sound! :chef

Back