Tone X Capture Thread

I suppose you can! :)

Just wanted to express/explain my personal opinion on commercial ones, since my original post wasn't as coherent as I thought (sorry, English isn't my first language).

All is good.
Fortunately there are plenty of free captures. However, I'm more than willing to spend $10 if someone goes through the time to professionally create captures on gear I'd have to spend $3000 to even try and replicate. But that's just me.

Making money off of someone else's product, especially since captures can be shared for free.

Ehhh? When somebody is "making money" like that, it's nearly always going to save me a lot more money.

Sharing free captures is cool. Nothing wrong with that of course. There's room for all approaches.

But there's definitely value in paying for a commercial capture made by somebody with excellent mics, experience, tools and professional grade calibration devices too.

Apart from paying for that persons time and expertise, to make something comparable, I'd also be paying for all their rig and hardware that I don't want to pay for or own myself.

This is the same argument I'd make for IRs - of course I can make my own, but I don't have an excellent broad selection of high quality microphones, preamps and capture rig.... let alone all the cabs themselves. And I definitely do not have the time and space for it. I could waste a lot of time and money making my own IR, or else I could pay someone else $15; and I do pay for IRs.

Last edited:
Updated my Badlander 50 capture with a bit more body and gain. Sounds great with an SD-1 or RT variant up front :satan Grid Slammer is quite nice as well!

Attachments

• Badlander 50 HOT.txp
    37.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Updated my Badlander 50 capture with a bit more body and gain. Sounds great with an SD-1 or RT variant up front :satan Grid Slammer is quite nice as well!
JT this sounds killer. Have it with the fractal 808 boost and it's tasty. Much prefer this to your first attempt. Not that the other one was bad :bag

JT this sounds killer. Have it with the fractal 808 boost and it's tasty. Much prefer this to your first attempt. Not that the other one was bad :bag
Thank you sir. That first one was fine but it was pretty anemic. I tried capturing another go round but wasn't pleased with the results. I ended up just adjusting the existing model parameters and it was just right once I boosted it with really all of my drive options. VERY pleased with the sounds and the overall response of this box.

Thank you sir. That first one was fine but it was pretty anemic. I tried capturing another go round but wasn't pleased with the results. I ended up just adjusting the existing model parameters and it was just right once I boosted it with really all of my drive options. VERY pleased with the sounds and the overall response of this box.
Yeah it sounds great. Sounded perfect for some Food Fighters if that's your thing.

Anyway, I can't believe this is "only" $300-$400. I've spent more on a single effects pedal and here I am getting some killer rigs

Edit. I'm leaving it as Food Fighters

Anybody from the NY/NJ area could probably envision "My Hero" as a Food Fighters song. OK, I'll try to stop now.

hobokenhero.png

@Orvillain ’s Diezel D-Moll w/High Cut is a friggin beastly cap. :satan HO-LEE-CHIT

SDS’s 800 is very nice.

Forgot @Deadpan baked in a cab with his 900. You gonna do a DI?

@JiveTurkey that Badlander crunch cap is nice, but I need to slap it with the Bonsai, and don’t have the strength to play anymore after setting up all the friggin software shit. :ROFLMAO:

@Orvillain ’s Diezel D-Moll w/High Cut is a friggin beastly cap. :satan HO-LEE-CHIT

SDS’s 800 is very nice.

Forgot @Deadpan baked in a cab with his 900. You gonna do a DI?

@JiveTurkey that Badlander crunch cap is nice, but I need to slap it with the Bonsai, and don’t have the strength to play anymore after setting up all the friggin software s**t. :ROFLMAO:
Use the updated preset I linked above over my shared model. Hit it with that SD-1 :satan

Believe it or not but I haven't done a single no cab capture with Tonex. I expect to change that soon.

All good. I was using that 900 cap in an iRig setup so the cab was a good thing. Would be ace to have it without a cab so I can blast that mofo via the 412.

Back