Tone X Capture Thread

I don’t think anyone has done a comparison between using the cab removal feature and an amp DI+IR.

I’d really like to see a comparison like this.
It really seems to vary. In my instance, removing a cab on a capture and placing an IR makes it thinner and infinitely louder lol

I'm shooting a IIC+ right now on the Mark V. I'm going to do one with the IR and one without to compare. I think the trouble will be the same thing I've always dealt with on the Kemper. Depending on the physical cab you are using, you would adjust the EQ on the Amp to get you the tone you want on the physical cab vs. how you set the EQ on the Amp for the IR.

I tried my hand at capturing this weekend with my Bad Cat Lynx X, boosted by a Maxon OD808. This is a direct capture, with my Fractal LB-2 serving as the load. I was using York Audio IRs as I adjusted the EQ on the amp, specifically MRSH MV30a Mix 6, but I also tested with the Friedman, DV77, M65, and Orange packs.

I think the results are okay, and I'm not faulting the software but rather my technique. There are some ideas I have to improve the capture, but let me know what you think.

Report back on BHP SL Marshall Pack. I really enjoy it so far! I feel like most on TGF look down on Green Day but I think they are super fun to jam along with and the songs are very straighforward. Anyway, here is an example of Tone X BHP capture in a "mix". Used Jamorphosia to remove the guitar track.

Double track panned about 50% to L and R, using FAS SD1 for a little more gain and Leon's TV7 IR. Outside of that, nothing else added which is probably obvious.

Has anyone tried capturing parallel drives? I'd wonder how well ToneX does that.

My go-to drive sound is a Ramble FX Twin Bender and an original 1993 Sansamp, blended by a Boss LS-2, which runs into a Model T style preamp.

This is my happy place. =)

The Sansamp delivers a sturdy, bass-driven foundation, while the Bender does the heavy lifting when it comes to raunchy/fuzzy/gnarly. They go together like the best team, and the Model T just eats them up. It's so wonderful! <3

Has anyone tried capturing parallel drives? I'd wonder how well ToneX does that.

My go-to drive sound is a Ramble FX Twin Bender and an original 1993 Sansamp, blended by a Boss LS-2, which runs into a Model T style preamp.

This is my happy place. =)

The Sansamp delivers a sturdy, bass-driven foundation, while the Bender does the heavy lifting when it comes to raunchy/fuzzy/gnarly. They go together like the best team, and the Model T just eats them up. It's so wonderful! <3
I've tried them in the sense where I double up on some drives. Usually one will be "baked in" and I'll add the other. I don't have anything to capture unfortunately but when adding two drives it sounds just as good

Pushed up a few more Caps tonight. Some 5153 Blue and Red, a few new BE100 and a new DSL. The DSL is on the Classic Gain Crunch channel boosted with a real SD-1, it turned out great. From having the Kemper I know most of my Profiles/Caps sound similar, mostly because of the IR but also it’s just the sound in my head I guess.

I’m really liking Tonex captures. They are so close to the real amps and there aren’t any I’ve had any issues with creating. Very impressed!

I will say I had 0 luck using the tone net website and it would constantly ask me to sign in (even after signing in).
I had the same issue - what I found is that I had to sign into tone.net using my username (the nickname I used when signing up to tone.net), not my email address.

The username also appears to be case sensitive.

Pushed up a few more Caps tonight. Some 5153 Blue and Red, a few new BE100 and a new DSL. The DSL is on the Classic Gain Crunch channel boosted with a real SD-1, it turned out great. From having the Kemper I know most of my Profiles/Caps sound similar, mostly because of the IR but also it’s just the sound in my head I guess.

I’m really liking Tonex captures. They are so close to the real amps and there aren’t any I’ve had any issues with creating. Very impressed!
Outstanding ADA ! Put on my Pedal ! Have not tried the others yet. . Thanks for sharing all these !

If anyone is interested, I put some tone models of my massive Koch up on tone.net today (user name: Foxmeister).

All DI captures, so no cab - if I had the appropriate equipment, I'd like to mic up my Koch, but sadly I have neither the equipment, nor the expertise, to really do my massive Koch justice!

The settings I used were actually for a friend, who gigs with his Koch and loves a bit of Koch action, and wants to try some virtual Koch...

(Yes, I'm very childish!)

PXL_20230307_135440799.jpg

If anyone is interested, I put some tone models of my massive Koch up on tone.net today (user name: Foxmeister).

All DI captures, so no cab - if I had the appropriate equipment, I'd like to mic up my Koch, but sadly I have neither the equipment, nor the expertise, to really do my massive Koch justice!

The settings I used were actually for a friend, who gigs with his Koch and loves a bit of Koch action, and wants to try some virtual Koch...

(Yes, I'm very childish!)

View attachment 4813
maxresdefault.jpg

Report back on BHP SL Marshall Pack. I really enjoy it so far! I feel like most on TGF look down on Green Day but I think they are super fun to jam along with and the songs are very straighforward. Anyway, here is an example of Tone X BHP capture in a "mix". Used Jamorphosia to remove the guitar track.

Double track panned about 50% to L and R, using FAS SD1 for a little more gain and Leon's TV7 IR. Outside of that, nothing else added which is probably obvious.

That sound freaking great

Back