Tone X Capture Thread

Anybody from the NY/NJ area could probably envision "My Hero" as a Food Fighters song. OK, I'll try to stop now.

hobokenhero.png

Before I snag one of these to try,,, is there any info some of you guys have come across or from personal experience on how to get good captures? Sorry I haven’t profiled or captured anything since owning a Kemper and only just played my friends QC which was cool but not cool enough for me to justify the money for that just to capture which was what I’m mainly interested in.

Before I snag one of these to try,,, is there any info some of you guys have come across or from personal experience on how to get good captures? Sorry I haven’t profiled or captured anything since owning a Kemper and only just played my friends QC which was cool but not cool enough for me to justify the money for that just to capture which was what I’m mainly interested in.
Seems to vary tbh. I'd maybe get one from SW or a store with an easy return policy and give it a go

That's my link.

I'm intending to do some more, just haven't had time recently. I wanna do some more proper amp+cab captures, but also some more DI only ones.

I have:

Diezel Hagen
Diezel D-Moll
Diezel VH4
Marshall JVM410HJS
Orange Rockerverb MKIII 100-watt
Laney VH100R
Following! I would love love love if you’d capture a DI of your Laney. 😍

As the title is "ToneX Capture Thread",
what do you think about capturing studio preamps ?
(name the ones you like).
BTW, is it a good idea ?

Last edited:
The clean channel is a bit boned right now due to some IC's needing to be replaced. But the gain channel is fine. Will try and do something this weekend for ya. What sort of thing you want?
“Soaring leads,” or “haunting mids.”

But seriously, I really dig the tones Mattias Eklundh uses. Very similar to the Tone Match of the IRT-30-112 that Martin Miller uses for his lead tone. They must be using one of the push/pull modes. Not entirely familiar with them.

DI’s would be great!

Is there a URL where you can search for tonex profiles of a particular amp or amp brand, without having the hardware or software? A friend has a dead Stomp, and I thought I'd distract him while he's waiting for it to be fixed :)

Back