TMP Pro has *least* Aliasing ....... Helix and FM9 equally bad ..... The Video "proves" it :)

He got ignored after that I believe. Could possibly be the greatest passive-aggressive move in history to announce to the world that you are going to put them on ignore and then do it. After a while people were asking to be Ignored by him, I was dying over here too...

Cracking Up Lol GIF

In my life, learning DSP, for like 5 years in #DSP in DALnet the tagged message was " But its an ALL PASS filter, so can't I just pretend its a perfect copy?"

Yes, I said that

And for the last five years of DALnet IRC's life, my epic fail was immortalized in gory glory

St Rock Amperium seems to be pretty accurate on the amp modelling side. Not taking anything away from their hard work, but it shows it’s possible to code accurate sounding amps from the ground up to run on affordable HW from a small+new team on a small budget (and other constraints).

Presumably Fender could have licenced tech from them (or another company like Marshall did with Softube) and saved themself a ton of money and embarrassment. Its not just bad sounding, its bad for standards set 10 years ago.

Worth remembering that beyond us forum nerds, there’s probably no embarrassment at all and the product is a resounding success….. The issue there is it makes a lot of people assume that’s the quality of modelling across the board these days and it gives all digital emulations a worse name.

Back