TMP Pro has *least* Aliasing ....... Helix and FM9 equally bad ..... The Video "proves" it :)

We can all rest easy now knowing fractal is the
bomb GIF

Don't miss your chance... clock is ticking:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 233839.png

Wow, I’m actually really surprised to see that FrankHarv dude telling Doug to take it down. I got the impression he was going to be anything pro-TMP regardless of facts leading right up to that “Don’t be Tony Mackenzie” post.

Wow, I’m actually really surprised to see that FrankHarv dude telling Doug to take it down. I got the impression he was going to be anything pro-TMP regardless of facts leading right up to that “Don’t be Tony Mackenzie” post.
Yeah, even some of the TMP enthusiasts had enough of him. I won’t lie, it was pretty funny the way he kept doubling down while literally everyone was telling him he did it wrong :LOL: He deleted a bunch of his final posts on it, sadly.

Yeah, even some of the TMP enthusiasts had enough of him. I won’t lie, it was pretty funny the way he kept doubling down while literally everyone was telling him he did it wrong :LOL: He deleted a bunch of his final posts on it, sadly.

I’m guessing someone he trusted hit him up and was real with him, or he hasn’t completely abandoned all the respect he once had for Cliff and read his post here.

It needs its own gif
Yeah, I agree. I'm not that creative, but it made me think of something like this the entire time - :farleyMr 97%
I wonder if he "Un-Ignored" everyone too?

The whole thing is a gift wrapped present for Fractal Audio and an unintended consequence of the stupid “Rules” at TOP.

No one can post links over there to Cliff’s aliasing graphs showing the aliasing differences between the devices because of the TOP “Rules”. Some guy creates an entire video about aliasing where he draws the wrong conclusion, posts it in the thread at TOP and then won’t admit that he’s wrong about it, attracting HUGE attention to the results.

FAS should send that guy a tee shirt.

Last edited:
Technically someone posting a YouTube video of Fractal's graphs should probably be fair game then? Based on rules that don't actually exist but are invented as is convenient.

Hahahahha they’re eventually just going to whittle it down to “You can’t post anything related to Fractal/Cliff on this forum. No videos mentioning it or demo’ing it, no graphs in videos. To make this easy this goes for ALL Cliffs, the Big Red Dog, Cliff Claven or the Cliff Bar”

pay up george wendt GIF

I haven't watched the video but I hope it was done in good faith.

I'd really be a dick if I ripped on people for enjoying gear that I personally don't; so long as you get some cool sounds and make good music I don't really care. Now if you go down the road of claiming that gear is superior, especially technically, or start ripping on other gear because you're getting paid to promote something, that is absolutely worthy of roasting.

Honestly looking at the TMP it does look like a pretty fun device to use. I like the big color screen, the skeumorphism, the rotary switch knobs, etc. If the sound lived up to the interface, I'd be taking a very hard look at trying one out.

Hell, I was looking at the physical Deluxe Reverb TM again last night and may head down to the store and give it a test drive later today.

I haven't watched the video but I hope it was done in good faith.

I think so - it's just that the conclusion presented was the (literal!) opposite of what his own tests showed, but i really don't think there was any bad faith involved.

Hubris, though? Absolutely. Doubling down with "i know what i'm doing" and "maybe you should listen through monitors" when people rightfully pointed this out was not the best look.

Last edited:
Fair. I wish I could be more adventurous with my glasses, but I just do clear acrylics. Maybe one day…
When you do decide to get adventurous, make sure you keep a pair of the plain Jane for days when you’re not feeling adventurous. Coming from the guy who has felt like a guy that would wear red glasses frames approximately 60% of the days since he got him. Some days are just hard to look at myself in the mirror.

When you do decide to get adventurous, make sure you keep a pair of the plain Jane for days when you’re not feeling adventurous. Coming from the guy who has felt like a guy that would wear red glasses frames approximately 60% of the days since he got him. Some days are just hard to look at myself in the mirror.

This is great advice, and I feel that I need to take it seriously.

I've been checking out a couple of pairs of 70's style orangey-brown tinted aviators, because the idea seems like fun to me.

I'll admit that there is still part of me that really wants to believe that whenever I put them on, I'll suddenly look all funkedelic and cool like Bruno Mars.

The reality is that I'll probably look like a mentally disturbed pigeon strangler. FML.

I was wrong. Cleanup on Aisle 6…
Wow he admitted it. No apologies though.

Back