TMP Pro has *least* Aliasing ....... Helix and FM9 equally bad ..... The Video "proves" it :)

I learned a new word! :guiness

This might sound terrible; but really, it's a tall order making FAS videos with players like Leon and Cordy out there. What are you going to show us that those two aren't already on top of having RIDICULOUS chops. TPM is probably a much better fit for the YTr in question.

I'd have probably sold my FM3 much sooner if it weren't for Doug. Maybe it's the GenX in me but a lot of the other Fractal tutorials I watched went way too fast for me, and I hate pausing every 1.6 seconds. As far as how good a player is, that is roughly last place in importance for me when watching any tutorial, demo, or review. I like Leon but honestly I fast forward past the solo noodling stuff ( true for every demo/review/dialing vid I watch) other than a few seconds of it because thats all I need as far as that's concerned. When showing how something sounds I am way more concerned that the player is in tune and is playing chords in various stages of gain. Then show me like 10-20 seconds of noodling.

On that subject, it grinds my gears when a reviewer only uses single coils for an entire review/demo. Especially when showing anything that has some distortion to it. Most rock and heavier players only use single coils for specialty stuff like cleans and soloing. For me 90% of my playing is on the bridge humbucker.

That said, I think Mr. Doug's strength is tutorials on how to use stuff and he should probably stay in his lane and leave the techy stuff up to the techy people.

When showing how something sounds I am way more concerned that the player is in tune and is playing chords in various stages of gain.

This!
Rhythm guitar is money (at least for me), noodling is just the icing on the cake.
That's also why I pretty much like Pete Thorn's videos, because he's playing and deconstructing entire tracks, various rhythm guitars included.

Dude does himself no favors when you dig heels in when presented with facts, "but 97% approval rating"/"but I've been doing this since the 80's" so I must be correct, insult other people (JT) then also say let's stick to the topics. No wonder he is getting absolutely wrecked and ratio'd in the youtube comments.

Since his video has a 97% approval rating, that means he's right.
science-xsny3g.jpg

He doesn’t appear to realize
he’s sacrificing his channel’s long term credibility for some short term traffic.

Without a correction/retraction most people are going to recognize the information he presents can’t be counted on as being reliable—which ultimately isn’t good for the channel’s growth nor longevity.

He’d be well served to do a I’m sorry I messed up the findings, but here is the correct analysis of the previous data video. It would even generate him some additional clicks, and most importantly restore some credibility.

He doesn’t appear to realize
he’s sacrificing his channel’s long term credibility for some short term traffic.

Without a correction/retraction most people are going to recognize the information he presents can’t be counted on as being reliable—which ultimately isn’t good for the channel’s growth nor longevity.

He’d be well served to do a I’m sorry I messed up the findings, but here is the correct analysis of the previous data video. It would even generate him some additional clicks, and most importantly restore some credibility.

But that requires an IQ above room temperature tapwater.

Season 9 No GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Eventually it requires some integrity, but we’re not pass the room temperature IQ bit yet.

This!
Rhythm guitar is money (at least for me), noodling is just the icing on the cake.
That's also why I pretty much like Pete Thorn's videos, because he's playing and deconstructing entire tracks, various rhythm guitars included.

Pete does it right for sure. In the mix, by itself, touches on important stuff and gives his opinion. I much prefer the more consistent way he does things instead of going off on 3 minute noodle sessions randomly. He's also very concise and clear. Don't get me wrong I watch 90% of Leon and Cordy's vids, I just watch them differently. Lot's of skipping around.

Back