The Pot Partaker's Lounge

Indicas seem to always taste better to me than Sativas----regardless of what they call them. :idk

As for the Vape Carts, there is ALWAYS some added/enhanced flavour and I find it kind of artificial and weird. Like
poorly crafted beer that has a little too much Raspberry in it.

But hey, Nature has never done anything good enough for us. Not even ourselves. We are here to improve it all! :rollsafe

We get these Live Resin carts over here, only flavor is the sweet devil's sap

I need to try those. The super high octane concerns me---since I don't want to get too habituated to
the Devil's Lettuce. :LOL:

It's challenging to keep up with the proliferation of concentrates. Sauce and Sugar and Shatter and then you
have Resin, which is not the same as Rosin, and Butter which is not like Badder. It's like Dirt Pedals, Man!. :idk

Anybody have bad experience with an older cartridge? The reason I ask is, I was doing some house cleaning and came across a cart I purchased in 2020. My internet research indicates that unless there is mold, the greatest harm would be less than perfect taste and low potency. This cart is brand new, still in a sealed pouch purchased from a medical dispensary, so I am not concerned about the mold factor (though I will inspect to ensure there are no indications of mold). Any experience/insight appreciated.

Anybody have bad experience with an older cartridge? The reason I ask is, I was doing some house cleaning and came across a cart I purchased in 2020. My internet research indicates that unless there is mold, the greatest harm would be less than perfect taste and low potency. This cart is brand new, still in a sealed pouch purchased from a medical dispensary, so I am not concerned about the mold factor (though I will inspect to ensure there are no indications of mold). Any experience/insight appreciated.

Hahaha I found a cart on a pen that was nearly 2 years old, charged the pen and sucked that thing down like a baby bottle. No issues on my end aside from the issues in my head that have been there for a while that allow me to put things in my body I probably shouldn’t with reckless abandon. :rofl

When I come across old carts that are partially used they end up looking like a lighter liquid and a darker liquid had seperated, which I think is burnt crud from the atomizer mixing in with the oil through the wick, giving it a taste that kinda sucks but still does its job.

No idea about a new cart that old, I generally don't keep them around for over a week.

Hahaha I found a cart on a pen that was nearly 2 years old, charged the pen and sucked that thing down like a baby bottle. No issues on my end aside from the issues in my head that have been there for a while that allow me to put things in my body I probably shouldn’t with reckless abandon. :rofl

When I come across old carts that are partially used they end up looking like a lighter liquid and a darker liquid had seperated, which I think is burnt crud from the atomizer mixing in with the oil through the wick, giving it a taste that kinda sucks but still does its job.

No idea about a new cart that old, I generally don't keep them around for over a week.
Thanks Guys! I will give it a go and see what happens!! Not real concerned, just wanted to hear others experiences!!!

I just binged this thread. :love

I’m in northern VA, another decriminalized state as well, at least for now. The state legislature is making a push to try to roll it back but I think the cat is already out of the bag, will have to see what happens in November.

My wife and I have been growing batches of 2 plants at a time as a learning experience and it’s been a blast. We’ve found others here who do the same, so we barter and trade pretty freely. I’ve never sold any of it, and won’t.

This batch was Blue Dream and Sour Diesel, which ended up yielding almost 1 lb in dry weight.

I also wanted to contribute a couple weed Pro Tips:

For those who don’t want to smoke but also don’t want to deal with the cartridges and oils, there are fairly accessible flower vapes out there. I’m a fan of Paxx and have reliably used one of their portable flower vaporizers for years. Great stuff.

For those into edibles but afraid of dosage errors, get some liquid CBD and keep it on hand. CBD will counter the psychoactive effects of the THC and neutralize the high. You will notice most chefs who cook with marijuana also add CBD to the dish - they are using CBD to prevent people from freaking out after eating large amounts of THC. If you find yourself getting too high or starting to freak out, take a couple drops of CBD.

Last edited:
That is sweet! :banana

Huge proponent of the flower vapes. I have an handheld that has been my most used
and preferred method for a couple of years now. Just easy, mostly odorless, so convenient,
and simply more, and better, taste.

Can also control the temp for targeted terpene therapy--as they each have their own boiling
point! :love

For those who don’t want to smoke but also don’t want to deal with the cartridges and oils, there are fairly accessible flower vapes out there. I’m a fan of Paxx and have reliably used one of their portable flower vaporizers for years. Great stuff.
How do the dry herb vaporizers affect your lungs?

Since the Flower Vapes are a lower temperature than combustion of flower in a joint or pipe
it should, technically, be less harsh on your lungs than smoking flower. My experience is that
it is. Some of my friends don't like the lack of harshness, though. They are used to what they
are used to. :idk

I vape between 310F and 410F. Combustion is 450F-460F range. So hotter smoke with more
particulate matter. Due to the screens on vapes there is no particulate matter or ash inhaled.

I've gone back to glass and fire after using a dry vape pen for a year or so. The dry vape high comes on a little more subtle but is easier on the throat/lungs for sure. Combustion just smacks you in the face harder and gets you there but I think my lungs are ready for a vacation.

Of course I could just combine the two with the bong adapter that came with the dry vape device :idea

Back