The Pot Partaker's Lounge

Damn, 100mg only? Is it medical only or recreational up there? The states I’ve been to with recreational have had some pretty crazy dosages in one edible. They’re just not in packages like America’s favorite junk foods. :rofl

Maybe it is just Florida Florida-ing?? :idk

Maybe it is just Florida Florida-ing?? :idk

I thought so until I Google’d them and saw they were found across the US! Whatever operation it is, it’s got to be a big one to have all those items. They look and taste exactly like the real deal, aside from the pungent weed taste along with it. It’s not like one machine makes Apple Jacks, Cheetos, Corn Pops, etc.

I thought so until I Google’d them and saw they were found across the US! Whatever operation it is, it’s got to be a big one to have all those items. They look and taste exactly like the real deal, aside from the pungent weed taste along with it. It’s not like one machine makes Apple Jacks, Cheetos, Corn Pops, etc.
Can't seem to find any information about the Californication of these items. All my searches lead me to Canada or Europe.

There are companies in Colorado and Seattle that make these but are getting sued by Hershey's

Absolutely weird. In some aspects I think the US of A are among the most conservative western countries - but by now weed consumption seems to be allowed pretty much anywhere. Whereas over here you can even still be jailed (at least overnight) by posessing as little as some grams.
Add to this that legalizing marihuana has been one of the promises of the new (-ish, it's been over a year already) government, still nothing has happened.
And also add to this that alcohol is still massively advertized - and by now, we're among the european countries where it's cheaper than pretty much anywhere else, 3/4 litre of a cheap brand of, say, Vodka, can still be had for €5.50. No wonder people are drinking like mad, alcoholism pretty much being a common disease.

Having said that, I enjoy the occasional weed here and there, guess I'll plant my own stuff next year and get into vaping (stopped smoking quite a long time ago so tobacco in standard joints isn't exactly my thing).
And fwiw, I like it much more than drinking. Stopped alcohol completely around 8-9 years ago after realizing I was somewhat approaching the "danger zone" (gigging pretty much equals loads of booze, especially over here - see above -, and as I'm doing this for a living, well...).

In general, I pretty much enjoy being sober most of the time. And fwiw, I have quite a history with weed (or rather hashish), like starting the day with the bong that still had something in it because we passed out the evening before... you get the idea.

I may have spoken too soon. A buddy gave me some of these hybrid gummies he had and I feel great right now. I took about 5mg. Not high or stoned just energized and alert. To be continued...

Today's medicine. Really helping the hand throbbing from eczema. Typing this feels like a fucking caveman
20230413_205018.jpg

For all you vipers on this thread, here is a song I have been playing for the past 6 months or so (been singing along to it for decades) called "If Your A Viper":

https://MoondogWily.com/audio/IfYourAViper2023Feb04.mp3

One of the classic reefer songs from the 20's and 30's. This one was written by Stuff Smith in 1927. Some of the other classics, if you have not heard them are (I hope to learn them all eventually):

Reefer Man
Here Comes The Man With The Jive
Texas Tea Party
Light Up
Sweet Marijuana Brown
All The Jive Is Gone
Save The Roach For Me

Funny that many of the vipers are now vapers! I think I will write a song about that "When The Viper Is A Vaper" or maybe "The Vaping Viper"!!

Well its starting. A local dispensary is getting sued for not paying on their debts. Something like 127 million. Prices are so low, I don't think the demand is as much as they hoped. I'm sure there will be more and lots will go out business. My fear is that the low prices will be temporary and as soon as the big guys run out the competition they will jack up the prices but time will tell I guess.

That being said I recently got 4 vapes for our trip to FL. Had been a while since I've bought them, I think they have gotten better. It was 65 bucks for all of them out the door which is almost what I used to pay for one pre rec when it was medical only. I smoked a lot and they all still have quite a bit more left.

Well its starting. A local dispensary is getting sued for not paying on their debts. Something like 127 million. Prices are so low, I don't think the demand is as much as they hoped. I'm sure there will be more and lots will go out business. My fear is that the low prices will be temporary and as soon as the big guys run out the competition they will jack up the prices but time will tell I guess.

That being said I recently got 4 vapes for our trip to FL. Had been a while since I've bought them, I think they have gotten better. It was 65 bucks for all of them out the door which is almost what I used to pay for one pre rec when it was medical only. I smoked a lot and they all still have quite a bit more left.

I figured it wouldn’t be long before issues started popping up. I dunno wtf is going on federally but they’re really, really dragging their heels with decriminalizing and removing it from it’s Schedule.

Florida is still medical only, not sure where ya got the vapes but if it was at a headshop they’re more than likely Delta 8 or THC-0 vapes. They’re modifying the plant to remove the active ingredient that’s federally illegal, they get you high but it’s a litttttttlleee bit different. It’s so close that street dealers are buying the delta8/THC-0 flower and selling it as real weed. Had a recent run in with that and had I not smoked legit weed for most of my life I wouldn’t have noticed; it was like smoking but not feeling a single creative aspect to the high, no munchies and you’d feel it primarily in your head.

I figured it wouldn’t be long before issues started popping up. I dunno wtf is going on federally but they’re really, really dragging their heels with decriminalizing and removing it from it’s Schedule.

Florida is still medical only, not sure where ya got the vapes but if it was at a headshop they’re more than likely Delta 8 or THC-0 vapes. They’re modifying the plant to remove the active ingredient that’s federally illegal, they get you high but it’s a litttttttlleee bit different. It’s so close that street dealers are buying the delta8/THC-0 flower and selling it as real weed. Had a recent run in with that and had I not smoked legit weed for most of my life I wouldn’t have noticed; it was like smoking but not feeling a single creative aspect to the high, no munchies and you’d feel it primarily in your head.

yeah i tried to buy as little as possible in FL, TN, GA, OH, and KY. i def bought them down the road from my house and we packed a ton of food.

it is a really crazy space where its legal in some states but not federally. even just for banking it would make so much more sense to allow them access to normal banking and loans that nearly every other industry has.

Skymint? They had a Dispo open up here and within a couple of weeks they closed. I think
they are now in some kind of bankruptcy proceeding, and still open in some places so the
debtors can try and recoup some of their money. Or they just keep losing more. It's a risk.

I think demand is huge, though. The problem is more the Gold Rush Boom and Bust mentality, where
everyone wanted to get in on the $$$, and, as a result there is just way too much supply right now. :idk

I know in Maine there are a lot of people who started growing when it first went recreational that are now selling their grow houses because they’re seeing what it’s looking like long term; either sell now at a premium or watch profits dwindle while keeping the same overhead. For the smokers it’s been great, you can get great, cheap weed all over the place, but for the growers who invested a good chunk of change into professional grow houses, they can’t recoup their investment. A friend’s husband opened a pro grow house and within a year or two was just sitting on pounds of weed he couldn’t sell without practically giving it away.

Back