The positive QC thread

Form factor (size, number of onboard switches and I/O) appeals to me as the best of it's kind as an all-in-one solution on the market right now, TBH.

That's pretty much all I have to say.

The swedes ticked boxes
*form factor and size
*number of switches
*large display with touch
*all I/O needed to be a central unit at home
*amp and cab models are probably all I need
*effects seem good enough for my use
*looper is probably better than Helix looper
*apple’esque style and design
*fits on a Metro with a DVP mini like… perfect.

Last edited:
My latest newb trial with the loops in the QC is a positive. So yeah I tried the loop. I started with just one guitar cable in and out of the loop. Put the loop in the chain and turning on the loop gave me a volume boost. So dropped the send to -10 db and it was level and transparent. So then I hooked up my Eventide H90 and I hear no tone loss and don’t have any drop volume issues. Actually if I put the send to 0 it clips the Eventide. Need to test some other pedals and in my amps loops. I haven’t tried putting 100% wet on the Eventide and using the mix in the QC either.

Getting set up to do some direct captures next with the Reactive load and see how that goes. Then try capturing my cabs.

Last edited:
So making some good headway with using outboard gear and lowering latency. I’m getting the best results with putting outboard gear at 100% wet and using the mix parameter in the QC. Also loading my heads down into the cabs in the QC sound good too but I can accomplish that with other digital units so while very cool not worth the price of admission. Now if I can grab profiles from my amps that I really like with the same feel and nice detail that I’m getting with some of the factory ones I’ll be happy. Definitely liking profiles over any amp modeling I’ve tried. If the QC ends up to me being too expensive for what I’ll use it for then I may give the Kemper another go around.

So making some good headway with using outboard gear and lowering latency. I’m getting the best results with putting outboard gear at 100% wet and using the mix parameter in the QC. Also loading my heads down into the cabs in the QC sound good too but I can accomplish that with other digital units so while very cool not worth the price of admission. Now if I can grab profiles from my amps that I really like with the same feel and nice detail that I’m getting with some of the factory ones I’ll be happy. Definitely liking profiles over any amp modeling I’ve tried. If the QC ends up to me being too expensive for what I’ll use it for then I may give the Kemper another go around.
If you are using outboard gear it's going to be hard to beat the tone x pedal imo.

If you are using outboard gear it's going to be hard to beat the tone x pedal imo.
Yeah that’s definitely an option still on the table but I’d have take my effects pedals I like to use in my studio out every time I gig. Also I think the effects in the QC aren’t as lacking as some people are making them out to be so I could use it as an all in one. I’ve considered changing my initial direction and just using the QC as my main direct gigging rig and stay all in the box and not drag my effects pedals out so I can keep them in my studio. Leave the Helix at home as routing hub and extra effects and gig the QC on temple board with some expression pedals. I just wanted to see how many places I could use it to justify keeping it becuase the playing experience tone and feel wise has been better than any modeler I’ve played.

On a side note about the guitar sounds… I’m thoroughly enjoying the profiles of the rack preamps into rack power amps. The Bogner Fish, Custom Audio, etc have been really fun to mess with and great results. Also the profile of the Cornford Hellcat and Victory Marshall type have been some standouts for me.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s definitely an option still on the table but I’d have take my effects pedals I like to use in my studio out every time I gig. Also I think the effects in the QC aren’t as lacking as some people are making them out to be so I could use it as an all in one. I’ve considered changing my initial direction and just using the QC as my main direct gigging rig and stay all in the box and not drag my effects pedals out so I can keep them in my studio. Leave the Helix at home as routing hub and extra effects and gig the QC on temple board with some expression pedals. I just wanted to see how many places I could use it to justify keeping it becuase the playing experience tone and feel wise has been better than any modeler I’ve played.

On a side note about the guitar sounds… I’m thoroughly enjoying the profiles of the rack preamps into rack power amps. The Bogner Fish, Custom Audio, etc have been really fun to mess with and great results. Also the profile of the Cornford Hellcat and Victory Marshall type have been some standouts for me.
Yeah if you are going all in box then the tone x won't do. The effects in the QC are certainly lacking when compared to other devices at the price point. That doesn't mean it can't get the job done but it does pale in comparison to it's competition. But to some (maybe yourself) that won't be an issue!

Yeah if you are going all in box then the tone x won't do. The effects in the QC are certainly lacking when compared to other devices at the price point. That doesn't mean it can't get the job done but it does pale in comparison to it's competition. But to some (maybe yourself) that won't be an issue!
It definitely could work effects wise for my gigs which does at time require some big reverbs and or delays and the ones I’ve been trying out in the QC sound just fine for that. Again I have some very nice sounding effects units and the QC IMHO holds its own very well. Yes I like the other effects units I own in some cases a bit more but I’m trying to pair some stuff down and have just a gig rig I leave ready to go and have my studio setup the same way all the time and not having to pull pieces in and out for gigs. It’s really all about being lazy.

True! It does seem to excel as a desktop device for most.
I agree. It'll do both, but yeah, the lack of an editor app is going to be a PITA if you want it on the floor at all times. Personally, I can't see the point of keeping it on the floor in a studio setting, though. (And I wouldn't have a PC/Mac on hand anywhere else.) Just as the footswitches seem superfluous on your desk, the touchscreen and encoders are superfluous on the floor. So I do keep it on the desk, enjoy the UI for what it is, and control it with external switches or expression pedals on the floor as needed.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again: adding a control surface to a modeler and programming it to work correctly for all the different controls in all the different modes is orders of magnitude more difficult (sometimes impossible) than getting a handful of switches on the floor mapped to the QC's onboard switches. (I did the latter for about $140 all in, and a few minutes of configuration.) Best of both worlds. If/when it's time to gig, I take it off my desk and put it on a stage. It has to be moved at the point - right out of the house.

Wasn‘t this supposed to stay positive? :idk

Back