The positive QC thread

Personally, I can't see the point of keeping it on the floor in a studio setting, though. (And I wouldn't have a PC/Mac on hand anywhere else.)
Exactly what I do. In the studio I keep everything at my hands. If I need to switch anything with my foot I have a Morningstar midi pedal on the floor but hardly use it.

Exactly what I do. In the studio I keep everything at my hands. If I need to switch anything with my foot I have a Morningstar midi pedal on the floor but hardly use it.
That's the way I would have gone if Morningstar weren't so expensive. And that expense will just rile up the "you have to plug things into it" crowd. But I think this becomes a little disingenuous when you're talking about $100 and change (~5% additional cost) for a comprehensive solution that actually adds value and functionality versus whatever alternative product is being considered.

I feel positive. :idk

sddefault.jpg

I want a stand for my Other Floor Modeler that would allow me to tweak on-unit whilst jamming with homies. Bending over sucks at my age.
Does your Other Floor Modeler not have a computer editor? Or do you not bring a PC with you every time you jam with your homies?

Are you implying that the existence of the three feet between your hands and the floor isn't Doug Castro's personal evil invention, unique to the Quad Cortex?? ;)

P.S. They do make stands for... just about everything.

I set up gear I use live as I would have it live to learn its quirks and limitations for live use. The QC goes on the floor.
Makes sense. But why not both, depending on application (i.e. burning in the unit for live use, versus configuration and recording)?

Do you configure and record a lot? I don't.
I don't do much of anything a lot. But I spend more time configuring and recording than I do gigging these days, alas.

When I'm not configuring/ recording, I'm jamming at home with requirements similar to live requirements. I'll usually have the QC on top of a speaker cabinet with the same footswitch setup on the floor. I can also put the QC on the floor, minus the external footswitches, and it will operate exactly the same way.

I don't do much of anything a lot. But I spend more time configuring and recording than I do gigging these days, alas.

When I'm not configuring/ recording, I'm jamming at home with requirements similar to live requirements. I'll usually have the QC on top of a speaker cabinet with the same footswitch setup on the floor. I can also put the QC on the floor, minus the external footswitches, and it will operate exactly the same way.
I don't have an iPad box handy :grin

I don't have an iPad box handy :grin
To give a lengthier response that no one asked for... "there's 8 switches on the floor, it operates the same" doesn't quite hold true for me. I'd want to get used to the switch spacing, learn what it feels like to bend down and adjust things quickly, get used to seeing the unit from a distance, give myself a chance to discover that a switch is going bad rather than finding out at the gig, etc. I don't mind a little discomfort at home cus discomfort in a live situation suuucks and I need all the help I can get!

Does your Other Floor Modeler not have a computer editor? Or do you not bring a PC with you every time you jam with your homies?

Are you implying that the existence of the three feet between your hands and the floor isn't Doug Castro's personal evil invention, unique to the Quad Cortex?? ;)

P.S. They do make stands for... just about everything.
Yeah I have a Mac Mini, so I don't always have my computer with. Even if I had a laptop (which I probably will soon), I still don't want to bring it with all the time. I'm also not one of those crybabies that can't edit well on-device. I do just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Back