The horrible 80s/90s gear thread

Desertdweller

Roadie
We had one of these running on the metalguitarist forum a few years ago and these threads are tons of fun. Here's my total POS setup from the 90s that I thought was golden back then:

s-l1600[1].jpg
dod-fx59-thrash-master-xl[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg

Replace the guts with something good on the Thrash Master. Name and enclosure color are :satan :bag

I bought (and quickly sold) a Boss DS-2 back then.

Basically because at that point I didn't know most higher-gain drives sounded much better into a hairy amp - or overdrive pedal into clean amp.

I remember the day I bought one of these. It was the coolest thing ever. It also had a headset mic for the talk-box effect.

pppyisbmawe94fjfpqfa.jpg

Paired with my awesome Crate GX amp!

crate-gx-15-xl.jpg

Ahh the Laney Linebacker SS bass amp, circa 1985... how I hateth thee, you total POS:

1667318313946.png

Worst amp I ever played. And my first.

I went Trace Elliot after that and it was pretty darned good!

As a child of the 80's this thread brings back nightmares :hugitout

The solid state Crate amp I had probably turned thousands and thousands of young guitar players away from guitar. I almost became a drummer :rimshot
I kept buying pedals with my allowance as a teenager trying to make it sound good until I finally got frustrated with it and bought an amp head and cab.

s-l500.jpg

I had one of these, and thought that it was THE shit. Was so excited, I had to take it to my buddy's shop (same shop I now do web/photography for), and he just shit all over it, in the most polite way possible. :D

Back