Digital Gear Out in the Wild

Mongillo19

Rock Star
Maybe this will be fun, maybe it won't!

I often find myself going

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

When I see digital gear on big stages, especially televised events. Yeah it's fun to see amps up there but to me, seeing a digital unit is more "exciting" or unique.

Anyway, if you all see a unit, feel free to post here!

Just this past weekend I saw a Kemper Toaster "on stage" during a few of the NHL All Star concerts they had running and then just last night saw the Axe Fx III during the Grammys

I was actually thinking about making a thread like this a few weeks ago; one of the local venues by me is great at posting pics of every band that plays there, usually local acts (it’s the joint George Lynch and Joey Beladonna played recently) and there’s almost always a modeler on the floor.

Off the top of my head I’ve seen one AX8, a QC, a couple Line6 units (not sure which models?) and I’m guessing a Headrush. Kinda made me laugh how unfamiliar I am with a lot of stuff out there now.

Dunno if it will mean much across the water, but the Pat McManus band were basically all digital when they played a friends' wedding (2022). Pat was using a GT1000, not sure what Plunkett was using, possibly a Helix of some description.

Kinda made me laugh how unfamiliar I am with a lot of stuff out there now.
Modellers I get right as long as it's the "big 4" (Kemper, L6, Fractal, QC), but when I sometimes read posts in other forums like "I snapped a pic of XXX pedalboard" and the pic is just one pixelated stew taken from 10 meters away and the peeps in the thread are like "Ah, XXX is playing *this* and *that* and that one blob way left is a Dirty Noize Wurkz Buttfucker v2 in the limited edition enema brown color" I am like: Is this your job? If it is, then hats off.

Billy Sheehan is using a Helix with some crazy 5-speaker setup on this Mr. Big run, I saw it in Nick D'Virgilio(sp?) tour doc.

I think they modelled a favourite bass preamp of his? I remember a YT clip about it, I think.

Back