The GT1000... is it good?

Well, I don't think it's about "new" sounds at all. People are constantly asking for yet some more "iconic" amps from decades ago.
If you wanted "new" sounds, modelers have them in spades.
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. I'm not expecting a modeler to replicate an iconic tube amp exactly, there are just too many little variables -- not to mention all the variables from actual tube amp to tube amp of the same model. I just want a modeler to sound and feel good, and be able to shape it to my liking -- and hopefully bring something new to the table tonally that a tube amp can't. Thankfully, most major modelers sound and feel right at this point.

In all honesty I'd own a GT-100 again long before I'd buy any of the newer Boss stuff. I miss my GT-100 sometimes it was such a fantastically diverse and usable set up. Especially for 4cm.

I so knew you were going to say that… :rofl

It’s amazing so far at home, love it. Have not had it out with the band yet, which is always the deciding factor for me.

Sounds dumb, but I need sexier pics before making a NAD thread… :grin
That makes complete sense. Live is definitely the litmus.

#neverBoss

I kid. :LOL:

They make so much stuff that some of it is bound to not jive with
some of us. I am forever done with them when it comes to amp/drive
modelling anything.

Wont Happen Again Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I wouldn't cry if I was buried in Boss delays, though. :love

I absolutely disagree at least for the "Natural OD", which is just marvelleous and as good as it gets in digital drive land. Great on its own and as great to push an already driven amp.

Yeah natural OD sounds awesome, the klon is decent, but a lot of the others like boss drives are not good.

Back