The GT1000... is it good?

Okay I think I figured out a decent way to get stereo delays with character in the GT-1000 and Core:
  1. Run a divider loop in "dual" mode
  2. On one path, put the master delay block in; set the direct level to 0 and effect level to taste
  3. After the master delay block, put an FX block in; change the FX type to "chorus" and model to "stereo 1"
  4. Adjust the stereo width of the delay by increasing or decreasing the pre-delay of the chorus
  5. To toggle the delay chain on/off, add one of the basic delay blocks before the master delay, then set the effect and direct levels to "0" (always keeping the master delay and chorus on)
Basically what you are doing is running the delay in parallel, and running the mono delay into a stereo widening via a Haas effect.

Okay I think I figured out a decent way to get stereo delays with character in the GT-1000 and Core:
  1. Run a divider loop in "dual" mode
  2. On one path, put the master delay block in; set the direct level to 0 and effect level to taste
  3. After the master delay block, put an FX block in; change the FX type to "chorus" and model to "stereo 1"
  4. Adjust the stereo width of the delay by increasing or decreasing the pre-delay of the chorus
  5. To toggle the delay chain on/off, add one of the basic delay blocks before the master delay, then set the effect and direct levels to "0" (always keeping the master delay and chorus on)
Basically what you are doing is running the delay in parallel, and running the mono delay into a stereo widening via a Haas effect.
Laughs in put a Strymon in the loop.

Someone bought the GT1K on Reverb last week then backed out because I didn't ship it within two hours. Ugh.

I'm just dumb and stubborn enough to keep ramming head into a wall on these problems.
My @Orvillain impression will have to top here lest I go too dark for my own good :nails

Oops, forgot about this thread because we have a puppy and he's killing me and also because I was busy making controversial videos and stuff...

Anyway, I decided not to do this. I'm sure the GT1000 is cool but there's something off-putting about it, maybe the interface and certain aspects to it that seem a little dated or convoluted?

Oops, forgot about this thread because we have a puppy and he's killing me and also because I was busy making controversial videos and stuff...

Anyway, I decided not to do this. I'm sure the GT1000 is cool but there's something off-putting about it, maybe the interface and certain aspects to it that seem a little dated or convoluted?
:Boo
Your pain is our entertainment!

:grin

jk

I believe that the SY1000 shares a lot of the same amp models and fx. To me it was the first modeler where I felt it could replace my ADA mp2 into ADA stereo micro tube power amp out on a hobbie gig. With the SY1000 I can also shape the tone by adding synth models. For example, only applying synth to reverb tails. Or add some noise. (The Osc synth has a good sounding noise wave.)

Or run the guitar input as the synth wave.

Having the low strings assigned to a bass added to the normal guitar sound is a nice option.

Last edited:

Did you ever try the GX-100? I think you're right, GT-1000 is kind of old news at this point. They haven't done enough to keep it fresh like Helix for instance.

Good decision. It sucks

Did Marshall do enough to keep their Super Lead fresh?
tbf, the circuit constantly evolved due to customer demand - JTM45 -> JTM50 -> JTM100 -> Split cathode -> different circuit values basically each year. The circuit evolved constantly until it turned into the 2203 at which point it mostly got left alone and continued to be sold/reissued.

As far as amps go, that one is a great example of being tweaked and refined due to customer feedback as well as utilising modern production advancements to get costs down.

As far as amps go, that one is a great example of being tweaked and refined due to customer feedback as well as utilising modern production advancements to get costs down.

And still, many old amps are the most sought after items ever.

Seriously, while I understand a lot of things, some things I just don't get. Endless tone quests being one of them. Once you find something to suit your needs, why update all the time? Just to keep things "fresh"?

And still, many old amps are the most sought after items ever.

Seriously, while I understand a lot of things, some things I just don't get. Endless tone quests being one of them. Once you find something to suit your needs, why update all the time? Just to keep things "fresh"?
A guitar amp as simple as a Plexi is trying to achieve a LOT less than what even a basic modeler is trying to do. There’s not much else you can do with it. Digital has so much more room to evolve and develop even now so it’s normal that devices are constantly adding things.

It has no bearing on whether you personally need it, just in the same way that most people don’t need the latest smartphone or computer.

A guitar amp as simple as a Plexi is trying to achieve a LOT less than what even a basic modeler is trying to do. There’s not much else you can do with it. Digital has so much more room to evolve and develop even now so it’s normal that devices are constantly adding things.

It has no bearing on whether you personally need it, just in the same way that most people don’t need the latest smartphone or computer.

I'm absolutely aware of all that. But that still doesn't mean a great working unit is outdated. True, Boss has close to no authentic amps. But if you ever expected those from Boss, you clearly don't know the company. Or you should just go for something else. But just to keep things "fresh" is absolutely of no relevance for me.

I'm absolutely aware of all that. But that still doesn't mean a great working unit is outdated. True, Boss has close to no authentic amps. But if you ever expected those from Boss, you clearly don't know the company. Or you should just go for something else. But just to keep things "fresh" is absolutely of no relevance for me.
I think we agree tbh. Some users want a “Nokia 3310” guitar modeller that just works, others expect the latest and most modern features. It’s common enough for modellers to update and add value, so I can understand why customers may expect that as the norm.

IMG_5136.jpegIMG_5137.jpeg

Back