The GT1000... is it good?

I actually found that increased definition and detail to translate to harshness. I was running the Friedman IR-X in the loop and it's a lot brighter in that setup than with other modelers. Something to keep an eye on.
Has more low-end / better definition all around. Just use low and high cuts.

Not trying to say it is all unfounded. Every manufacturer of these devices has bad or greedy choices baked in that drag the unit down. Just pointing out there seems to be such a high level of anti-Boss sentiment that it is not supported by reality.
They have never had the best modeling of amplifiers but they have always had some excellent effects and control features that the 'better' products have failed to beat or even match after all these years.

One man's "anti-Boss sentiment" is another man's "honest user feedback based on actual experience." :LOL:

Do I also need to go to McDonald's and try their latest "Hamburger" before I can draw
some conclusions about the quality of food they offer, based on their history, and my
previous experience of dining there? :idk

If you ain't been shot in the head, then you don't know what it is like to get shot in the head,
and can't possibly imagine that it may hurt, maim, and likely kill you.

So go get shot in the head then! It's the only real way to know for sure. :beer

#notmytitle #neversomethingIsaidaboutmyself :farley

Zen is fucking ruthless anyways. It ain't chillin' on the Beach with your Bros. Fuck that
lazy ass, consumer-driven misperception. :hmm

Sit on your ass and your feet/ankles at the same time, and do so for long enough that
you can't feel shit below your navel, and if you do feel shit, it hurting shit. And if your
posture is fucked up and you start to sink a little, and it is not in keeping with the Teacher's
standards then you get whacked on the back with a wooden stick. Hard enough to bring your
attention back to the present moment! :LOL:

Yup. Zen'll kick your ass until your ass doesn't get bothered or upset about getting kicked anymore. :chef

Sorry to get back on topic guys but maybe I should get a Core instead. Cheaper but with all the same sounds and same DSP. It's for my studio anyway.... hmmm!

#notmytitle #neversomethingIsaidaboutmyself :farley

Zen is fucking ruthless anyways. It ain't chillin' on the Beach with your Bros. Fuck that
lazy ass, consumer-driven misperception. :hmm

Sit on your ass and your feet/ankles at the same time, and do so for long enough that
you can't feel shit below your navel, and if you do feel shit, it hurting shit. And if your
posture is fucked up and you start to sink a little, and it is not in keeping with the Teacher's
standards then you get whacked on the back with a wooden stick. Hard enough to bring your
attention back to the present moment! :LOL:

Yup. Zen'll kick your ass until your ass doesn't get bothered or upset about getting kicked anymore. :chef
Student Master GIF by Archer

Sorry to get back on topic guys but maybe I should get a Core instead. Cheaper but with all the same sounds and same DSP. It's for my studio anyway.... hmmm!

I think for your potential usage (videos and studio work) the Core is just fine. The only upside of the GT-1000 is having all the additional switching options. Same power, same sound otherwise.

Basically imagine if the HX Stomp had twice as much DSP (same as the Floor).

But the big monochrome screen feels like another step back.

Yet a godsend live because you can actually see the thing. Unlike the HX series screens, offering plenty of bling-bling at the cost of visibility.
Exactly the same goes for the HX LED rings versus the Boss stripes, the latter are always clearly visible.
Also, let's not forget it offers mobile OS editing and global blocks. Boss has a tradition of serving live musicians and the GT-1000 clearly shows that, too.

Just as a note (you likely won't miss it in the studio): The Core has no BlueTooth, hence no mobile OS editing.

Also from a content perspective I can’t imagine there’s much demand or interest anymore. Believe me I’ve looked. If I were dropping some money on a rando modeler to get some views I may look at the headrush core.

I have most of the top modelers and my current favorites are the Fractal FM3 and Boss GX-100. I have gigged the FM3 a ton and it is a killer unit. I also gigged the Kemper a bunch too. Right now I am enjoying the GX-100, it sounds great with a little work and really punches above its price range IMO. From what I understand the GT-1000 can only be better. BTW I have a GT-1 that is a ton of fun when you want a minimal setup running on batteries for quick rehearsals and whatnot. Such a great time to play guitar! 😊

Back