The Gear Forum designs a next-gen digital modeler!

I'm making epic cinematic emo-poetry art-metal
I read that as emo-pottery and was wondering if I have missed something.

Dog Reaction GIF

Says the guy holding the world record to complain about Boss.

The difference is that when JT does it, it's entertaing and funny AF. Moreover, he's self-aware enough to acknowledge his frustrations and dysfunctional love / hate relationship with the company... which only serves to make it funnier.

And even after all that, there is still often something insightful to be gleaned.

The difference is that when JT does it, it's entertaing and funny AF. Moreover, he's self-aware enough to acknowledge his frustrations and dysfunctional love / hate relationship with the company... which only serves to make it funnier.

And even after all that, there is still often something insightful to be gleaned.

I know. So I recommend reading more JT and less SF. There's an ignore function.

Just as one thing: Amp settings don't stay the same when I tweak one patch.
They would on Axe III if you used global blocks, as I understand it. I'll be honest, I don't use it. But I think the intension is that you adjust in one patch, it gets adjusted in all patches.

And it truly is EPIC, man. ❤️
You're gonna make me crrrryyyyyyyy. Thanks my man!

They would on Axe III if you used global blocks, as I understand it. I'll be honest, I don't use it. But I think the intension is that you adjust in one patch, it gets adjusted in all patches.

I know. Which is why I'm lobbying for mobile blocks whenever I can.

No. On all devices you'd run out of switches and CPU juice. And you still wouldn't be able to deal with things even remotely as freely.
I mean...those "racks" didn't come with built in switching and each individual device was far more limited than even a stomp. So I guess I'm back to having no understanding of what your requirements are as I providing a very specific use cases based on your argument, which now appears to be a moving target.

I'll try to post a video when back home.
To be honest...I don't really care to converse any longer after reading your posts as you appear to have a very narrow/niche idea of what works focused completely on the mechanics of how it happens vs end result and appear completely inflexible to other ways to achieve the same end goal continuing to argue with other after I provided real world examples of the use case you defined.

Good luck to you in your journeys, hope you can find happiness.

as you appear to have a very narrow/niche idea of what works focused completely on the mechanics of how it happens vs end result and appear completely inflexible to other ways to achieve the same end goal

You couldn't be further away from the truth.
Doing this professionally for 30 years and never being wealthy, you can rest assured that I had to deal with many a workaround.

They have scene ignore , I personally don’t use this stuff but I bet some of their experts could tell you how to do what you want
Just go and read the manuals if you haven’t,blocks guide they are very detailed.
In Helix world, it's called "Snapshot Bypass." When on, the block's bypass state ignores snapshot changes; that is, you engage it manually.

We don't have any sort of global blocks, however.
Still at the gig, so typing on the phone.
Anyhow, here's something I'm doing o n *each and every* gig. This is just an excerpt, things get multiplied once more devices are involved.

Patch 1: Dry overdriven sound.
Patch 2: Same overdriven sound with the Stomp working as a delay/verb unit activated.

I'm typically using 4 different delays/verbs. 3 are pretty constantly the same, I may modify the 4th whenever I feel like or need to.
I preselect these so I don't need any extra main patches or scenes or whatever.

To get the same sounds from the Helix, I'd need 5 snapshots already. Alternatively, I'd put the FX on a switchable parallel path. In that case, I'd need 3-4 switches to switch the FX blocks on that path.

So, that's 5 switches gone already. Now imagine I wanted to do similar things with more FX involved. You'd quickly reach an amount of 30-40 switches.

Alternatively, I may use multiple patches with those FX variations preprogrammed (quite absurd in case there's some FX I only use super rarely, but hey...).
This however would require global blocks as a prerequisite - as I always want to have global access to my "amp channel" settings. So that'd automatically rule out all modelers but the Axe FX and the GT-1000. And it'd still be "vastly" less flexible than what I described above.

To get you some numbers: my rather mediocre pedalboard has 2 main amp channels. Then there's boosted versions of each. Then there's delay versions of each. And then there's modulated versions of each (again around 4).
And then there's the drive loop with 5 drives in it.

Just combining all drive settings (5) with all possible spatial settings (5, off plus 4 x on) and all modulations (5, off plus 4 x on) results in 5x5x5 possible sound variations. That's 225 already.

So, your turn to tell me which modeler would be able to do this.
What you're describing don't necessarily appear to be features—it's workflow. What appears to be important to you is less "what" than "how," and that's totally fine. Most of the money I've spent on my studio is all about the "how." After all, why would someone who records one instrument at a time need a 24-channel interface with D-SUBs, 24 channels of analog summing with D-SUBs, and an excessive switching/monitoring matrix... when a cheap Focusrite interface and Logic's mixer could effectively get me the same results?

FWIW, this is the same reason why Line 6 hasn't bothered with an über looper—looper aficionados are all about the workflow, and unless our über looper works the exact same way in which they're accustomed, they couldn't care less. Everything is in comparison to what they're used to and working a different way is sacrilege.

Which again, is fine, but don't blame the manufacturers. Line 6 firmly embraces the 80-20 rule, and frequently dip our toes toward 90-10, but the workflow you've described above is very much 99.5-0.5.

Back