Should flagship modelers keep up with the latest standards?

Helix has good latency if you don't use the driver.

No. It's average at best (under macOS at least). And not using the driver results in certain things to not work well (such as working at various sample rates or running different apps at different sample rates).

i think its embarrassing the few models released in the TMP from fender.SHame on fender.The 65 era deluxes are that diff then eachother in gain stages..just some power amp differences. It was a lazy companys way of putting some amps in and why not the more unique special fender amps that they are known for? I think companies need to step up and add more unique amps if they want the 1700.00 price

i think its embarrassing the few models released in the TMP from fender.SHame on fender.The 65 era deluxes are that diff then eachother in gain stages..just some power amp differences. It was a lazy companys way of putting some amps in and why not the more unique special fender amps that they are known for? I think companies need to step up and add more unique amps if they want the 1700.00 price
They’re obviously taking the Neural DSP route where you pay up front and hope that within three years, they add more models, features, and functionality.

Sadly, it’s the price to pay for being an early adopter these days.

How do you feel about the audio interface capabilities of current modelers?

I honestly think they're fine. I'd like to see more digital IO. Specifically, I think Dante and/or AVB would be cool, but it would also be a luxury.

I have no desire to use a modeler as my primary audio interface, and I wouldn't even if it was capable. The cabling alone would be a problem.

The only reasons I want it to have USB at all is for the editor and taking backups.

Separately routable headphone output would be really cool for specific applications.

I know I just want to hear the latest reason 😂
200.gif

nd what did you want Fractal to call it? FM9 Turbo - Now With Bigger Scribble Strips!
Realistically, calling it a "Mark II" on account of slightly larger scribble strips is comical. Your average Fractal update is a bigger change of product than this. A simple public announcement "it now ships with bigger scribble strips because you asked for it / because we got a new supplier / whatever" would be perfectly adequate. People would just refer to them pre or post big scribble strips.
Unless the intent was to be funny about it.

I just love how there’s no aim to Tim’s firing from the hip; overall you’ll see positive Fractal posts from him, but ya never know when he’ll pull a bullet from the ole arse and fire one off for who fuckin’ knows why. :rofl
Alright I'll say it, I don't think would even like a fractal unit.

Something like the QC or TMP would probably better suit him for ease of use

Back