The Annual NAMM predictions rumours thread 2024

What did I miss? Why all the talk about tuners? Mine’s in a drawer since Kemper went strobe-ish (plus the toaster has a little second always on tuner that’s fine too), but Turbo Tuner is hands-down winner in this category for speed accuracy and visibility. I have the original, but the small one that came out a few years ago is just as good, or better I guess. Pretty much the only/best (gear) thing that I ever learned about on TGP.

@JiveTurkey can't use the Stomp in his loop as a tuner because his amp is Never Clean™.

Funny enough, I use the Stomp tuner in the loop with my amp in crunch mode and it works fine. I do have a quick-access preset for switching the amp to clean for tuning, if needed, but haven't needed to use it, yet.

Why all the talk about tuners?

It's a neutral topic that Fractal zealots and QC defenders can converse pleasantly about.

Calm Down Season 3 GIF by American Gods

The thing about a disallowed cortex that I don’t quite get is that, for me at least, the hardware is the main intriguing part of the Cortex. If we’ve learned one thing on forums, it’s that switches and I/O are where the cost savings are.

Nobody ever loved their Stomp because of how fun and easy it was to build/edit presets on.
Yeah, and that's probably the one thing I've failed to do here, is significantly reduce cost. Most of the switches are still there; the fancy screen is still there... You could theoretically save money with lesser DSP, eliminate Input 2, phantom power, and all that, maybe lose an FX loop? That's not nothing?

But unlike HX Stomp, I think what I'm proposing would be every bit as easy to build presets on - exactly the same, in fact. This also has the effect of letting NDSP leave much of the OS alone. (And let's be honest: they can't handle another codebase LOL.)

Dude, me too! It would be a killer add-on to the QC and I keep flipping between getting one and not getting one. A QC + HX One and Dunlop 8 expression pedal on a Metro 20 board would be super slick and pretty much cover everything for me (other than not having amp models if the QC crashes, like the Stomp does).

It's just money I don't want to spend right now though, and add to that I already have a Stomp, seems kind of extravagent/unnecessary. (But when has that stopped anyone here... :rofl )

Yeah, I’m well stocked on multiFX stuff between the two Fractal units and TC G-Force, the redundancy is getting redundant. :rofl

I‘m just going to keep stocking the gear fund. There’s a lot of things under $400 that would definitely satisfy the “I wanna buy something” itch, but it’ll mostly end up being stuff that sits around waiting for a purpose.

Nobody ever loved their Stomp because of how fun and easy it was to build/edit presets on.
I can dial in a tone on my Stomp a hell of a lot quicker than my Axe-FX, editors excluded.

That said, I love my Stomp and at home, it gets used 90% over any of my modelers.

Edit: Replied out of context.

Last edited:
I can dial in a tone on my Stomp a hell of a lot quicker than my Axe-FX, editors excluded.

That said, I love my Stomp and at home, it gets used 90% over any of my modelers.
Read my post in context. I'm not shitting on the Stomp. But going from Helix floor, rack, or LT with 12 capacitive switches, and 6 knobs down to 3 switches and 3 knobs...is significant.

Back