The Annual NAMM predictions rumours thread 2024

GTR37

Shredder
So,
Its almost that time of year again , What are you thinking we may see later this month from the big players
What do you hope to see ?

NDSP will hopefully release their editor and some more compatible plug in
Fractal FM0 although Cliff recently said no to a smaller FM
Line6 - Likely something people hoped would be Helix 2 but it won't be
Boss -- Something to annoy JT
UA - A midi controller to add Midi to the pedals that don't have them ?
Atomic/ Tonacracy, CLRs back ordered until July
Synergy - I am thinking a SYN 4 rack amp with 4 module bays , Ir loader and APP

What you got

1. Fractal announces the FM0 in January. Simply because I have just bought an FM3 Mk II.
2. Ibanez announces a very sexy looking, updated line of SR basses. Simply because I just ordered an SR605E.
3. Neural DSP has a booth.
4. BluGuitar does not announce a release date for the Amp X.
5. EMG announces a new signature set. It has an 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck position.
6. TB3 is disappointed, postpones all purchases until 2024.

Last edited:
1. Fractal will announce the FM0 in January. Simply because I have just bought an FM3 Mk II.
2. Ibanez will announce a very sexy looking, updated line of SR basses. Simply because I just ordered an SR605E.
3. Neural DSP will have a booth.
4. BluGuitar will still not announce a release date for the Amp X.
5. EMG announces a new signature set. It has an 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck position.
6. TB3 will be disappointed, postpones all purchases until 2024.
The Question is can NDSP up the stakes with a bigger Booth and a Brighter sign with more LEDS and bling

Boss: GX-1 updates the GT-1 with AIRD / X amps, but keeps the form factor and AA battery option.
Boss: GK-based guitar modeling and alternate tunings

Fractal: FM0.....wishful thinking to be sure, but I already posted my design for it months ago so the hard work's been done!

I want to see Strymon give at least a release date for Nixie 2 editor.

I want to see BluGuitar Amp X complete and in action.

UA will release half a dozen new pedals that are just as stupid as the rest.

Boss releases a GX-1000, with that shitty drag n drop n scroll block system. It will have a new modeling system called LARD just to confuse everyone.

NeuralDSP makes a big whoop about their editor and promises plugin support is coming "soon".

Ibanez will still not make an EHB multiscale bass in a nice color.

Fender and Gibson release guitars in daring new colors like 3-tone sunburst and black.

Fractal releases a new firmware. Its only release note is "Various other fixes and improvements"

Fender will announce new Strats, new and improved original reissues now offered in exciting new colors
Ohh and a hefty price increase

1. Fractal will announce the FM0 in January. Simply because I have just bought an FM3 Mk II.
2. Ibanez will announce a very sexy looking, updated line of SR basses. Simply because I just ordered an SR605E.
3. Neural DSP will have a booth.
4. BluGuitar will still not announce a release date for the Amp X.
6. TB3 will be disappointed, postpones all purchases until 2024.
Too be fair, BluGuitar did announce a release date, and then just forgot it happened. Twice.

Vaporware.

Blug's a super cool guy--interviewed him on my podcast, and the Amp1 products are frickin' great sounding, but he's in over his head with Amp X.

There’s going to be several new floor modelers with no built-in expression pedal so I don’t care.
NDSP will have one QC running a beta of a compatible plugin that will be available soon.

I might actually be curious if Boss does a GX-1000. I’m a helix fanboy but their original amps have me curious.

Back