Synergy Owners Thread

They are also taking a page out of the Gibson handbook by charging $100 for a purple 5 inch wide face plate lol

• Poo
Reactions: Elf
one thing about Synergy they certainly take a while to get something to market, I heard that the 20 IR head is now delayed to 2025 .
maybe for the love of god they saw enough comments of people hating on the EL84 and said let do the 6L6 that the the original Syn
30 had . I think its a pretty odd move to discontinue and amp that was big glass , with a stellar clean channels and replace it only giving the option of a 20 watt El84, with a one knob clean

one thing about Synergy they certainly take a while to get something to market, I heard that the 20 IR head is now delayed to 2025 .
maybe for the love of god they saw enough comments of people hating on the EL84 and said let do the 6L6 that the the original Syn
30 had . I think its a pretty odd move to discontinue and amp that was big glass , with a stellar clean channels and replace it only giving the option of a 20 watt El84, with a one knob clean

The Soldano x88IR reissue is in the witness protection program as well. That was getting some heat for potentially removing a preamp tube stage or something.

BAD don’t move quick on anything.

The Soldano x88IR reissue is in the witness protection program as well. That was getting some heat for potentially removing a preamp tube stage or something.

BAD don’t move quick on anything.
oddly enough I think I may also prefer there original SLO module a bit , I saw a comparison between the SLO2, 6505, Drect and old SLO
I thought the 6505 had fizzy top and kind of a hollow midrange , SLO2 kind of was a bit bloated in the low mids , even with the tight switch on the reviewer commented the OG SLO seemed a bit tighter w a bit more bite , I am sure you could tweak them but with SLO mods selling for cheap now the 2 is out , I think unless you really want the crunch channel the OG is fine

oddly enough I think I may also prefer there original SLO module a bit , I saw a comparison between the SLO2, 6505, Drect and old SLO
I thought the 6505 had fizzy top and kind of a hollow midrange , SLO2 kind of was a bit bloated in the low mids , even with the tight switch on the reviewer commented the OG SLO seemed a bit tighter w a bit more bite , I am sure you could tweak them but with SLO mods selling for cheap now the 2 is out , I think unless you really want the crunch channel the OG is fine

@Elric You have the v2 by now? Curious how you think they compare.

@Elric You have the v2 by now? Curious how you think they compare.
I think the OG is perhaps a little brighter by default but not by much. When comparing, I liked the tight switch on the v2 and ironically that made it a little closer to the amp. Both modules are slightly more mushy/lessy focused in the low end than the amp and both are by default brighter than the amp.

In the loop of the amp, I could get really great satisfying OD sounds out of both. If that is the focus, no need to go from OG->2. Both sounded 'different' in the same way vs the amp, less mid clarity, less focused bass (and the SLO can be tubby as gain goes up). Maybe a little more compressed but not a big deal.

The Crunch mode was disappointment vs the amp. The amp is much clearer and the sweep on the module is terrible, you can get really nice crunch tones on the module from maybe "1" to "3" or "4" (of "11" ;) ) on the dial. On the amp, it is crunch city from barely on all the way to "11" and it never saturates or crosses over into the ODs territory. The clarity/openness "thing" is more noticable in crunch because of the lower gain too, I think.

Not saying that the crunch isn't worthwhile... you can get some great crunch tones on the module, I think Mike Nielsen did a great job on his demo, f.ex. but... It does not compare as well as the OD does if you put it in the loop of them and just do a straight one to one.

Last edited:
So I traded my friedman ir-x for the synergy be dlx module and I'm glad as it sounds great.

But I think I'm now going to return the slo 2 module for something else. It sounds good as I mentioned in a previous post but I don't think it is useful for me as some of my other modules

my modules

Deliverance

Powerball

Ecstasy

Be dlx

Modules available for trade are
Tl-dlx
Morgan ac
Pitbull ultra
Os dumble

Thinking more of a cleanish sound.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
So I traded my friedman ir-x for the synergy be dlx module and I'm glad as it sounds great.

But I think I'm now going to return the slo 2 module for something else. It sounds good as I mentioned in a previous post but I don't think it is useful for me as some of my other modules

my modules

Deliverance

Powerball

Ecstasy

Be dlx

Modules available for trade are
Tl-dlx
Morgan ac
Pitbull ultra
Os dumble

Thinking more of a cleanish sound.

Any thoughts?
Thoughts: I think the OS module has a lot more than clean sounds to offer. It offers a lot of dynamic high gain as well. The cleans are really good, though. Really, really good. Especially if you like adding some chorus, vibrato, or tremelo.

I think the OG is perhaps a little brighter by default but not by much. When comparing, I liked the tight switch on the v2 and ironically that made it a little closer to the amp. Both modules are slightly more mushy/lessy focused in the low end than the amp and both are by default brighter than the amp.

In the loop of the amp, I could get really great satisfying OD sounds out of both. If that is the focus, no need to go from OG->2. Both sounded 'different' in the same way vs the amp, less mid clarity, less focused bass (and the SLO can be tubby as gain goes up). Maybe a little more compressed but not a big deal.

The Crunch mode was disappointment vs the amp. The amp is much clearer and the sweep on the module is terrible, you can get really nice crunch tones on the module from maybe "1" to "3" or "4" (of "11" ;) ) on the dial. On the amp, it is crunch city from barely on all the way to "11" and it never saturates or crosses over into the ODs territory. The clarity/openness "thing" is more noticable in crunch because of the lower gain too, I think.

Not saying that the crunch isn't worthwhile... you can get some great crunch tones on the module, I think Mike Nielsen did a great job on his demo, f.ex. but... It does not compare as well as the OD does if you put it in the loop of them and just do a straight one to one.

This review makes me want to just buy the SLO30 again. :ROFLMAO:

This review makes me want to just buy the SLO30 again. :ROFLMAO:
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Back