Synergy Owners Thread

So I traded my friedman ir-x for the synergy be dlx module and I'm glad as it sounds great.

But I think I'm now going to return the slo 2 module for something else. It sounds good as I mentioned in a previous post but I don't think it is useful for me as some of my other modules

my modules

Deliverance

Powerball

Ecstasy

Be dlx

Modules available for trade are
Tl-dlx
Morgan ac
Pitbull ultra
Os dumble

Thinking more of a cleanish sound.

Any thoughts?
for clean and EOB 100% the DRZ IMO

was reading on the FB .looks like they just signed on 2 new brands and also have a Toneking special project , so likely a DRZ type mod
I think Bruce said the problem with the Toneking Imperial was the power section looks like they may have started to implement that in the DRZ

So I traded my friedman ir-x for the synergy be dlx module and I'm glad as it sounds great.

But I think I'm now going to return the slo 2 module for something else. It sounds good as I mentioned in a previous post but I don't think it is useful for me as some of my other modules

my modules

Deliverance

Powerball

Ecstasy

Be dlx

Modules available for trade are
Tl-dlx
Morgan ac
Pitbull ultra
Os dumble

Thinking more of a cleanish sound.

Any thoughts?
The clean sound of the ODS is the only reason I ever have any regrets about selling the Synergy rig. Big. Bold. Huge.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

giphy.gif

Thoughts: I think the OS module has a lot more than clean sounds to offer. It offers a lot of dynamic high gain as well. The cleans are really good, though. Really, really good. Especially if you like adding some chorus, vibrato, or tremelo.
Sounds right up my street - I liked Leon's demo of it as well

Ok, I’m caught up on the thread now. Synergy caught my interest with the ZWreck module, but I’m worried there will be a disconnect between the preamp and power amp that will make it feel weird.

I would mostly be interested in the DrZ, Morgan, Plexi, and 800, but all of those are amps where the power section plays a big part in the tone. And using a 6L6 based power amp just seems wrong with all of those amps.

I’m really surprised all the focus is on the preamps and they don’t have options to run different tubes in the power section. That makes me worry they’re probably trying to fake the sound of the power section in the preamp modules?

Ok, I’m caught up on the thread now. Synergy caught my interest with the ZWreck module, but I’m worried there will be a disconnect between the preamp and power amp that will make it feel weird.

I would mostly be interested in the DrZ, Morgan, Plexi, and 800, but all of those are amps where the power section plays a big part in the tone. And using a 6L6 based power amp just seems wrong with all of those amps.

I’m really surprised all the focus is on the preamps and they don’t have options to run different tubes in the power section. That makes me worry they’re probably trying to fake the sound of the power section in the preamp modules?
Sounds like you're viewing it as an amp simulator rather than as a modular preamp system. Generally a recipe for disappointment, IMHO.

Last edited:
Sounds like your viewing it as an amp simulator rather than as a modular preamp system. Generally a recipe for disappointment, IMHO.

Not at all, I’m just wondering how the preamps that are based on amps that depend on the power section sound in this system. Since the only modular part is the preamp itself

My Syn 30 was listed as using 6L6 power tubes. It came with 5881 tubes. Yes, a 6L6 variant, but when I swapped out the factory 5881s with Tun Sol, that was a massive improvement. Both my Plexi and SLO modules damn near thanked me. I can't believe they discontinued the 30. Brilliant design and one of the best cleans I've heard.

My Syn 30 was listed as using 6L6 power tubes. It came with 5881 tubes. Yes, a 6L6 variant, but when I swapped out the factory 5881s with Tun Sol, that was a massive improvement. Both my Plexi and SLO modules damn near thanked me. I can't believe they discontinued the 30. Brilliant design and one of the best cleans I've heard.
I have the head and it is superb. Never even bothered to look at the tubes.

Back