Synergy Owners Thread

Nothing I haven't already done. Seriously ridiculous that it has ALL of this capability, and the MS-3 could manage something simple like switching channels on my Syn-2 preamps. I wish the manual was better; frankly it is fucking trash.

So, instead of searching through a poorly written manual (where does it explain LSB, MSB, Auto/Manual, etc?), Sweetwater can figure it out tomorrow with either customer support or a refund.
The MS3 is a pretty awesome piece of kit. Have you considered the Morningstar controllers? They are amazing and you can set them up in truly unique ways.

The SLO module is one of my favorites of the ones I've played. It's too bad it seems they toot a step back with the SLO II.

@Badonkey Kong If you need to lower the gain on the module, you could sub a 12au7 for one of the preamp 12ax7s.

@Desertdweller - THANK YOU! - this was excellent advice. I ordered an EH 12au7 and it finally got here today. First slot i tried it in lowered the gain and output of both channels; while it was ok for the OD mode, it really made the crunch mode wimpy. Swapped to the 2nd slot, and holy crap! both channels back up to normal volume output, and super usable gain range throughout both modes. The best part is it really opened up the sound on both modes. No more overcompressed mud.

Anybody disappointed with the SLO II, give this a try, it's well worth it and made the module much better for me, particularly the crunch mode.

@Desertdweller - THANK YOU! - this was excellent advice. I ordered an EH 12au7 and it finally got here today. First slot i tried it in lowered the gain and output of both channels; while it was ok for the OD mode, it really made the crunch mode wimpy. Swapped to the 2nd slot, and holy crap! both channels back up to normal volume output, and super usable gain range throughout both modes. The best part is it really opened up the sound on both modes. No more overcompressed mud.

Anybody disappointed with the SLO II, give this a try, it's well worth it and made the module much better for me, particularly the crunch mode.
What do you mean by "first slot, second slot"? If I remove it and I have the face plate and controls facing me, and take off the metal tube cage, is the first slot on the left and second slot on the right?

What do you mean by "first slot, second slot"? If I remove it and I have the face plate and controls facing me, and take off the metal tube cage, is the first slot on the left and second slot on the right?
heh, I simply meant the first slot I tried, lol. The magic/good slot for me from the orientation you describe is the left slot. I actually tried the right one first, no idea why.

Posted this at TOP:

Between swapping out the tube in both rack preamps for a 5751 and realizing I swapped the voltage on my EMG ES-918 to 9v when I was putting my board together (and thus switching it back to 18v today while playing), my OS modules are even more touch sensitive, dynamic/responsive, etc. Volume control, picking dynamics, and the three gain controls on the modules (clean channel Volume, OD Level, and OD Ratio) are very interactive and have a lot of options. Absolutely insane!

Anytime! The 12au7 is a super useful tool for this.

Back