St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

Change of volume exists due to different logarithmical types of volume potentiometers.
We can set all master volume potentiometer types to one type so the volumes of different power amps will be similar.

But particular power amps will differ from original volume behavior at levels less than maximal.

For example one power amp can have 10 percent at noon while other will have 15 percent. Of course second one will louder.

So... Should we set all power amps master volume potentiometer to one type or not?

So... Should we set all power amps master volume potentiometer to one type or not?
That's a very pertinent question to ask. Fractal decoupled loudness from tonality in their Master volume or at least that's how I recall they had it work when I owned the FM3. I think that was a good approach and made leveling stuff just a bit easier.

But on other side... if we take real amps : JMP or JCM800 and 5150 with the same master positions and listen their DI - I am sure we get a different levels. That's why we placed a Level knob there. Also different power amps have different output levels : EL84 vs EL34\6L6 etc....

@deLuther @st.Rock can Amperium NNM models / profiles be trained on a local PC instead of the Google Colab cloud?
I've been using NAM and training my own models locally on my PC for about a year and prefer that over Colab which used to kick me out etc. plus I already have an nVidia GPU.

I'm getting back into playing with a band after a long period of just playing by myself and I now need to grab a modeler; the Amperium is on my radar & doing some research atm.

Thanks folks.

EDIT: found the GitHub repo: https://github.com/KirillDeLutherSergeev/AmperiumNNM/tree/main
Going to try and deploy locally and see how it plays out from there.

Last edited:
@deLuther @st.Rock can Amperium NNM models / profiles be trained on a local PC instead of the Google Colab cloud?
I've been using NAM and training my own models locally on my PC for about a year and prefer that over Colab which used to kick me out etc. plus I already have an nVidia GPU.

I'm getting back into playing with a band after a long period of just playing by myself and I now need to grab a modeler; the Amperium is on my radar & doing some research atm.

Thanks folks.

EDIT: found the GitHub repo: https://github.com/KirillDeLutherSergeev/AmperiumNNM/tree/main
Going to try and deploy locally and see how it plays out from there.
Yes it can be used locally. One of my friends trained NNM on his PC with large number of epochs which is not possible on Colab.

Whoever makes one of these Capturing things in a mooer micro sized pedal with midi for switching wins my meager wealth. Bonus points for spdif

Back