Speaking of Knaggs

That has attitude the Knaggs is just bad.

Either I'm dense as all hell or they just recently changed it because I'd never noticed.
The 31 flavors has been in their logo all along! :giggle:

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F220408112559-embargoed-20220411-baskin-robbins-logo-comparison.jpg

I agree abut his F-style headstock tbh. It's really more a nod to Bigsby. I like his LP take at the moment. (y)

It was listed mint for $4.3K + $150 shipping. Offer was $3,650 which with freight + tax makes it $4K to my doorstep.

Quick note:
Both me and the seller have the same first 2 digits for zip codes. Literally a 2 hour UPS drive and we both have hubs. Like I said, stars aligned. (y)

Knaggs Knaggs Knaggs and twice on Sunday Knaggs.

My Knaggs obnoxiousness today has all been redeemed - thanks brother! Love how his single-cut design starts out LP but the more you look at it you can see Tele too. Makes sense - the two best set neck fixed bridge body designs for ROCK ever. :headbang

Last edited:
Agreed. Love how the binding isn't really binding. Really classy touch. Inlays are just the right amount of flash without being gaudy.

php1fncahofmlcrkrhoe.jpg
Killer score Man! Congrats on a real beauty!! Hope it arrives safe and all is in order!!! Enjoy ;~))

There are a ton of small builders of boutique guitars these days. To ME, who built the guitar and the relationship I have with that person or those people means something to me. The 2 owners (Joe and Peter) are aces in my book. I’d much rather know I’m helping get Peter’s kid to college than enriching a board of directors and shareholders. On top of that, to me they’re simply the best guitars made. Between the perfect set neck construction (AFAIK all their guitars are still set necks) to the amazing 3D tops to the super comfortable neck profiles, they just really resonate with me (pun intended). Joe Knaggs is every bit an artisan as Picasso. Last I knew a few years ago there were a total of a dozen employees working out of an old factory in Maryland, mostly ex PRS folk. Anyway, like a Ferrari there isn’t much to not like about a Knaggs. Check them out.

Back then when I bought mine, they were really bad. Slapped them back in just out of interest somewhen 1-2 years ago, couldn't even allow them to last one set of strings.
Do you know which ones? The HC3 and HC1 are very nice to me and split better than any other pickups I've tried.

The Angel has those. The Drop Top has an HC3 and 2 SC1s.

I play a lot of edge of breakup tones but I like them for lead sounds, too.

1700194233609.jpeg
A2133554-2D66-403A-BC87-F863026BFEDC.png

Agree 100% with the first two parts. I didn't bond with the set of humbuckers I had for a bit. They are REALLY polarizing when it comes to pickups. TBH it's easy to dislike their HB double slug cosmetic before even plugging them in. Next person you ask will tell you they're the greatest. Weird.
Maybe it depends on what tones you're chasing?

Do you know which ones?

Oh, almost forgot. Didn't find the HB right now (i might've borrowed it to someone), but the vertical pseudo-SC-HBs were these (and they didn't sound great in any mode, be it parallel, serial or splitted). Both SCs and the HB had those wider pole pieces that were quite known for Anderson back in the days.
AndersonSC.jpg

The guitar:
Anderson-1.jpg

As said, nothing original but neck and body. Sperzels, new nut, 3rd set of frets, new pickguard, Duncan Mini HB, Duncan designed HB (snagged from a Framus Diablo, best split sound of all HBs I ever had), Wilkinson VS100 vibrato /w GraphTech saddles, Fender Superswitch.
And yes, this is a) a work guitar, pretty much no good for guitar pr0n anymore, b) a pickup tryout battlefield.
Regarding the latter, I can very well imagine to order a set of Lollar Firebirds next year and then finally end fooling around with this guitar.

Last edited:
Maybe it depends on what tones you're chasing?

Si senor! :giggle: Thing is, I'd been around the world a few times with guitars and pickups by the time I got my first Anderson. As far as upper shelf brand stuff these left a bad taste FOR ME now matter how I tried dialing them in. Otherwise it was a ridiculously killer drag machine.

1937156_1243755057217_6088279_n.jpg

Last edited:
Started the day on a 7 string bolt on multi-scale with SS frets, dual hot buckers and a floating trem. Also running a Shure GLXD.
As of the past few hours, and for the foreseeable future, it's going to be 100% set neck/fixed bridge/vintage PAFs with a 10 foot cable :giggle:. Lifelong LP player (almost went with Gibson instead of the Knaggs) so that's no biggie. AMAZING how much ya lean on the damn trem when that's all you're using. Forgot the art of the nice neck wrangle for chords and vibrato instead. Think it's WAYYY long past time to revisit some Gary Moore blues stuff.

First guitar I ever bought listed as "Minty Case Queen". It looked literally untouched coming out of the case!
Seller turns out to be a Knaggs nut and just had too many. Check the link below.

20231118_175847.jpg

Seller:

DINO!

Started the day on a 7 string bolt on multi-scale with SS frets, dual hot buckers and a floating trem. Also running a Shure GLXD.
As of the past few hours, and for the foreseeable future, it's going to be 100% set neck/fixed bridge/vintage PAFs with a 10 foot cable :giggle:. Lifelong LP player (almost went with Gibson instead of the Knaggs) so that's no biggie. AMAZING how much ya lean on the damn trem when that's all you're using. Forgot the art of the nice neck wrangle for chords and vibrato instead. Think it's WAYYY long past time to revisit some Gary Moore blues stuff.

First guitar I ever bought listed as "Minty Case Queen". It looked literally untouched coming out of the case!
Seller turns out to be a Knaggs nut and just had too many. Check the link below.

View attachment 13937

Seller:

DINO!
Oh man, if it weren't for that fugly sparkle finish (I just hate sparkle...), that silverburst might be calling my name!

Back