Speaking of Knaggs

The way the strings or on affects the tuning stability and the number of wraps ( up or down) affects the angle and therefore the friction in the nut.

At what point did I come across as being oblivious to all of the finer details? I know the mechanical issues. I also know a NUMBER of ways to fix it. All I'm saying is that a properly cut nut NEGATES the entire problem - so there's no need for any other band-aids.

At what point did I come across as being stupid to all of the finer details? I know the mechanical issues. I also know a NUMBER of ways to fix it. All I'm saying is that a properly cut nut NEGATES the entire problem so there's no need for any other band-aids.
The last post was probably it.
Putting the strings on properly is the main issue and some people who bend a lot benefit from reverse wrapping. The nut is rarely at fault and this is from hundreds of examples including about 40 from the 50’s.

The last post was probably it.
Putting the strings on properly is the main issue and some people who bend a lot benefit from reverse wrapping. The nut is rarely at fault and this is from hundreds of examples including about 40 from the 50’s.

I agree 100% except for the nut rarely being at fault. Seen too many bad nuts made right over the years.
HEY, all of this talk about nuts, cutting nuts, polishing nuts, not paying attention to your nuts, etc.., and not a single joke yet? WTF?!?!? :hmm

I agree with all of us 100% except for the nut rarely being at fault. Seen too many bad nuts made right over the years.
HEY, all of this talk about nuts, cutting nuts, polishing nuts, not paying attention to your nuts, etc.., and not a single joke yet? WTF?!?!? :hmm
They really are rarely bad enough if the string up is well done. This is the main variable. I not saying never but… as for looking at lots of nuts you obviously have the experience here.🤣🤘🏻

This makes both of my nuts all warm and fuzzy.

20231121_174440.jpg

I don't want to gush too obnoxiously but it's everything I'd hoped for the 5 years or so that Knaggs has been way up on the radar. As pretty as it is it's the playability and tones (and RIDICULOUS levels of sustain) that is keeping a big smile plastered on my face.
Happy to hear that and hope you enjoy it for many years. :beer

Oh meant to ask, how you liking that bridge? Do you think it's helping with the sustain you mentioned?
I wish had more time with the one I had played to really get a feel for it.

Oh meant to ask, how you liking that bridge? Do you think it's helping with the sustain you mentioned?
I wish had more time with the one I had played to really get a feel for it.

Maybe a bit more ping and articulation. Hands down best neck position tones I've ever heard on this style axe. Zero mud or mush. Again, very impressive. EXCELLENT first impressions with the Bare Knuckle Mules it came with. Very sweet pups.

I never really had a mid-life crisis even though I cycled through a metric ton of gear while in my 40s. I'm writing this off as the official 60s crisis. My hair and skin pallor are both turning grey so might as well add some nice color to the room. Plus she's mighty purty to glance over my shoulder and look at.

:giggle:

20231122_123002.jpg

Last edited:
@Eagle

Random review from 2020 I stumbled over just now. :giggle: (not trying to be a dick - just saying..... )

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Back