Speaking of Knaggs

I really like the looks of this. Just flashy enough but not too flashy where it ceases to be classy.

Agreed. Love how the binding isn't really binding. Really classy touch. Inlays are just the right amount of flash without being gaudy.

php1fncahofmlcrkrhoe.jpg

Seriously, in case you can do without the guitar pr0n aspect, I think it's a better idea to spend your money elsewhere but on an Anderson.
Sure, very decent parts and build quality, but in the end, I don't see anything that makes them special apart from the drooling over whatever wood and such. Ok, with mine, it's perhaps a little different, that semi-hollow character really shines through, regardless of what pickups I'm slamming in, so that might be something. But others than that... Ok, it could very well be that they considerably upped their game in some other aspects, too (no idea which those would be, though), but then, others have as well. Fwiw, on mine, the only 2 things still being original are body and neck. Every single other part has been exchanged (and IMO for the better).
Is that the only Anderson you've owned?

I also have the "hollow" Drop Top (chambered, not really hollow) and I agree that it does have a distinct character but it works for me.

I also have a Lil Shorty Angel. It doesn't...

Both are excellent compared to my Suhr Modern Select and Charvel DK-24 USA Select.

I prefer the Charvel neck shape and feel the best, followed by the Drop Top Even C -.20, then the Suhr then the Angel (the Even C is just a tad chunkier than I prefer).

The Andersons are very high quality builds with excellent attention to detail and their pickups are great!

Nice score. Lovely!

I've been searching for the right adjective, thanks! It is lovely, eh? :giggle:

Best I can calculate is about $6.5K and up for a new Tier 1 top Kenai with the morning-star inlays. It was listed mint for $4.3K + $150 shipping. Offer was $3,650 which with freight + tax makes it $4K to my doorstep. If things don't work I figure I'll be able to move it without losing a penny.

ylwtxnqzcjnxxubn0bek.jpg

Shhhhhhh. File under stars aligned. #1 Just yesterday came into a nice chunk of cash I was not expecting. #2 Mom passed a few months back and this was always her favorite color. #3 Made a crazy low ball offer and scored!

View attachment 13812
Congrats dude!! that's a nice one there. btw, that's the exact model I played recently, but a different burst. I'm sure you'll like it!

The Andersons are very high quality builds with excellent attention to detail and their pickups are great!

Agree 100% with the first two parts. I didn't bond with the set of humbuckers I had for a bit. They are REALLY polarizing when it comes to pickups. TBH it's easy to dislike their HB double slug cosmetic before even plugging them in. Next person you ask will tell you they're the greatest. Weird.

Back