Speaking of Knaggs

Achilles

Rock Star
First tripped over these guys via Doug Rappaport 5-6 years back. I was under the impression Knaggs was a smaller operation. I don't think I'd ever heard of them before - or even since really. It's been all about Doug playing them. Just checked Reverb for yucks and.....

420 listings and every one is a guitar - price range is $2K - $17K. So much for being a small operation. Anyone got any insight into this brand?

I first heard about them from ToP, and saw some youtube clips. I knew they were pricey. The one I got to play was probably in the 4-5K range. Nice guitar and actually looked like the Doug R. model. Could have been? IMO, that's more than I would pay for it.

I used to play with a drummer who worked at PRS, then Knaggs, and he told me their quality is above even PRS. Take that with a grain of salt though; He wasn't that far up, and he didn't work there a long time. But he did know many guys at both companies.

@Bruce has a few, and loves them.

Won't lie though, I think this model is kinda cool looking:

honga-2.png

They look awesome but prices are 2-3 times higher than my playground for guitars.

Good guitars but I hate the look across the board.
I gotta agree with you.
Edit: Nah, hate is too strong a word. And I did forget about some of their superstrat designs. I could dig one of them. (Just out of my comfort zone, price-wise.)

Last edited:
Back