Some stuffage...

This is really cool stuff! I love hearing non-traditional approaches to using a guitar for writing, this is definitely part of that! I need to start getting some pedals like that, I just worry I'll get baked and just listen to cool sounds for hours until I fall asleep. :rofl

These sound great dude! So for the songs with the women singing are they singing on your songs or are you playing on their songs/albums? I was thinking of hitting up all my singer friends and putting a digital album out with a different singer on each song.

Thanks all.

Some follow up comments.

- I think these days, pro level multi-effects units will provide all the effects and more (one in particular seems to have all the sequencers and modifiers I want that will replicate the Adrenalinns)
- ATM polyphonic synth sounds and faux alt tunings are best achieved with a hex pickup
- those recordings do contain some 3rd party loops where I thought the sound was better or complimentary to what i was doing

Without going into detail my method of recording is to jam away, hit upon something and record it. I then just use a kick loop to keep me in time. My DAW sends out midi clock to whatever device I'm using to make sure all those sequences and delays are in sync. I build out a track from there.

I found those female singers online. You send them an mp3 of the track. They sing their parts and send them all back. They may even do the lyrics too. You pay them. You then assemble the vocal lines into your track. That Shooting Star track is the Boss SY1000. The intro drone then the fairly straightforward guitar tones. All the vocals are ace. The middle eastern vocalizations at the start are outstanding. Afterglow is alt rock and the voice is big and bold. The vocals are now removed from the chorus...because i like my guitar riff more!

I don't have the SY1000 anymore. Nor the GP10. Currently all my effects are boxed up to be sold. I believe one pro level amp modeller/multi effect will more than cover my sonic needs at the moment. Meanwhile I hope Boss (or other companies) continue development of their guitar synth technology. Although Boss need to fix their technology and how it interfaces with our computers. If you want polyphonic synth tones or alt tunings out of a box you have to have a hex pickup. They don't bother me and I'm left handed so the hex pup is upside down for me.

It is easy to get carried away with the sounds we can get from today's gear. It's outstanding. Some pedals are incredible. There are no excuses anymore.

Last edited:
I found those female singers online. You send them an mp3 of the track. They sing their parts and send them all back. They may even do the lyrics too. You pay them.
Wow thats pretty cool. Not sure how my wife would react to me looking for women online to pay hahahah but that is awesome!

JT did I answer this? I can't remember. Sorry if I didn't before. Anyways, I got something good from each of them. I think I used the GP10 fractionally more.
I still PINE for an updated GR in GP10 sized housing. Holy god would I be all over that.

Back