Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

FWIW, my interest in dual profiles is more for digitizing my OD/Boost collection to be used with my digitized amps. I think that’s a killer feature of the QC.

For that to work with a KPA, they would't have to just add dual profile slots but also refine the entire profiling process. Which I think is unlikely to happen as long as they can still milk the current cow.

It is absolutely not the only unit on the market that attempts to track controls at different settings on the real amps or let’s you change tonestacks in different models .
It’s a cool feature that was basically added to address the ToneX , Qc more accurate profiling claims most likely

Who else does it?

Tonex and NAM *are* more accurate at fixed/static profiling than the KPA .... neither Tonex or NAM have [or due to Patents] will likely have a similar LP feature ie: seeking to match the real Gain / EQ etc... stack to the profile / capture across the Amps full range.

Tonex and NAM are *brilliant* snapshot makers .... but thats it ...... they have nothing like what KPA is seeking to do with LP's

Ben

Last edited:
The hive mind here is extremely FAS-focused/biased. (I know, stating the obvious :grin .)

The Fractal gear *is* awesome .... period ..... I tallied up in my mind just quickly and due to OZ pricing, I have spent > AUS $14,000 on FAS gear new over recent years ... and it must be said ... re-sold it for little loss :) ... never a bad thing.

But yeah .... due to my enthusiasm with KPA and LP ..... I didn't want to be the one to re-iterate ^^ this point :)

Ben

Tonex and NAM *are* more accurate at fixed/static profiling than the KPA .... neither Tonex or NAM have [or due to Patents] will likely have a similar LP feature ie: seeking to match the real Gain / EQ etc... stack to the profile / capture across the Amps full range.

Tonex and NAM are *brilliant* snapshot makers .... but thats it ...... they have nothing like what KPA is seeking to do with LP's

Ben
Ok… gtr37 said its absolutely not the inly one to track controls at different settings. To that my question is what other profile soft ot hardware does.

Really need no explanation of what tonex or nam do. I had tonex since the day it came out, NAM linger than that.
And did beta for tonocracy.

I do not know of.ANY Software or Hardware that track changes like Kemper's liquid profiling does.

That’s my point.
And why i ordered a Kemper cause im just too damn curious.

Hey Ed !

Will be really keen to hear what you think of (a) tweaking a LP vs tweaking a Generic Profile and (b) if you have any Amps on Kemper's current list of 45 new Models, how tweaking the resulting LP compares to the same tweaks on the real Amp ! :)

(a) is what sold me when I first tried LP's

Ben

Last edited:
Hey Ed !

Will be really keen to hear what you think of (a) tweaking a LP vs tweaking a Generic Profile and (b) if you have any Amps on Kemper's current list of 44 Models, how tweaking the resulting LP compares to the same tweaks on the real Amp ! :)

(a) is what sold me when I first tried LP's

Ben
I dunno what’s the list like as of now

I dunno what’s the list like as of now

As of today Jan 11 .... its the original / existing 1 x Generic Stack + 45 New Amp Channels [ 22 different Amps as best I can tell ] .... see attached list:-

1704966023371.jpeg

Ben

I'd love to see some boogies added to that list - iic+, IV etc.

Although small by comparison ... this initial batch of 45 + Generic ... is really well chosen as i.m.h.o ... it will cover all the bases for the vast majority of players.

My *guess* is that the next "batch" of Amp Models added will include some more-common-boutiqueý stuff ..... Matchless (?) Trainwreck (?) Dumble (?) etc... just a guess though.

Some MeBo Marks missing there, aren´t they? They´d better increase the list to keep pushing...

The " Me-Bo's " are there ... 2 of them ... but they are the Dual Recto Orange and Dual Recto Red.

Ben

My guess was they filtered the free preset list in Rig manager, looked for the top 20-30 most commonly profiled amps, looked at what would be simpler to implement, and went from there.

Rectos are quite different to marks though in terms of tonestack - you've got the pre VS post gain EQ placement for a start. I guess there is also the graphic to consider - would kemper model the graphic EQ and expect you to create an LP with graphic off, or expect you to include the graphic as it doesn't impact the tonestack interactions? Etc.

Back