Show me your #1 and tell me why

Damn! That thing is thick! And that neck..., talk about baseball bats...
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Not a close up photo, but....
1665914484471.png

This is my 1991 Orville By Gibson. Purchased in Ochanomizu, Tokyo, in 2008 for £380. Absolute BARGAIN.

This is the guitar that I wrote all of the TNBD stuff on, and has been my primary guitar ever since 2008. Before that I had an Ibanez which I did like, but this just really felt like home as soon as I got it. It has made me a much better guitar player over the years too, I love playing it.

I've been through a ton of pickups. Used to have Bareknuckle Nailbombs, when I wanted more of a fuzzy and sludgy tone. Then I went to Bareknuckle Rebel Yell's for a spell, which were really nice, but I ended up with the Seymour Duncan Distortion set; surprisingly a really nice combo!

View attachment 1648

This is my 1991 Orville By Gibson. Purchased in Ochanomizu, Tokyo, in 2008 for £380. Absolute BARGAIN.

This is the guitar that I wrote all of the TNBD stuff on, and has been my primary guitar ever since 2008. Before that I had an Ibanez which I did like, but this just really felt like home as soon as I got it. It has made me a much better guitar player over the years too, I love playing it.

I've been through a ton of pickups. Used to have Bareknuckle Nailbombs, when I wanted more of a fuzzy and sludgy tone. Then I went to Bareknuckle Rebel Yell's for a spell, which were really nice, but I ended up with the Seymour Duncan Distortion set; surprisingly a really nice combo!

An Orville, Burney or Edwards are most certainly the only way I'll ever own a Les Paul Custom at this point. Or an FGN, one popped up recently that I had to talk myself out of.

This fucker. I’ve owned so many nice guitars and lots were just insane.

This is the guitar I have always come back to over the last few years. It’s absolutely stunning in person and plays a lot like my favorite USA Jackson’s and ESP’s from Japan.

Everything about the build kills.

0EMFXWc.jpg

PGfVAwi.jpg

Holy shit of the fucking ghost of the Virgen Santísima! I've seen a RG550LTD like my #1 on Google Images. Following the link I've found that it is for sale, and for only $68.88!!! And it also comes with a Roland GK, Schaller Tremstop, purple mirror pickguard, golden knobs, two micro-switches and a white neck pickup as mine. Even the same Auralex Studiofoam in Burgundy color at the background of the picture!

I think that I am going to pull the trigger. It is never bad to have a spare unit. A guitar as good as this is so hard to find!

1668580209393.png

:columbo:columbo:columbo:columbo:columbo
Stress Wtf GIF
Dog Wtf GIF
mentally ill lol GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Last edited:
Holy s**t of the f*****g s**t of the Virgen santísima! I've seen a RG550LTD like my #1 on Google Images. Following the link I've found that it is for sale, and for only $68.88!!! And it comes with the same Roland GK, Schaller Tremstop, purple mirror pickguard, golden knobs, micro-switches... Even the same Auralex Studiofoam in Burgundy color at the background of the picture!

I think that I am going to pull the trigger. It is never bad to have a spare unit. A guitar as good as this is so hard to find!

View attachment 2470
Stress Wtf GIF
Dog Wtf GIF

Haha! Your guitar sure is famous. ;)

I see one of the new things is for scammers scour the Web for pics,
download them, and then create fake ads on selling sites to lure foolish
people away from their money. Happening more and more even on major
sites like Reverb. I wonder if they have bots or AI setting these ads up?

Nothing seems impossible these days.

So you gonna buy your own guitar before I hit "Add To cart?" :LOL:

Did they name the guitar after the website they stole the .... I mean..... borrowed the image from?

Did they name the guitar after the website they stole the .... I mean..... borrowed the image from?

The idiot that programmed that bot is really stupid. Takes my pic from Ibanez JEM Forum, and the article on sale is named "Ibanez JEM Forum :wat
:rollsafe

Last edited:
Holy s**t of the f*****g ghost of the Virgen Santísima! I've seen a RG550LTD like my #1 on Google Images. Following the link I've found that it is for sale, and for only $68.88!!! And it also comes with a Roland GK, Schaller Tremstop, purple mirror pickguard, golden knobs, two micro-switches and a white neck pickup as mine. Even the same Auralex Studiofoam in Burgundy color at the background of the picture!

View attachment 2470
Stress Wtf GIF
Dog Wtf GIF
Wow! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Say what you will but the Forum has always been my favorite JEM model. YMMV. :idk

My 1# is a Suhr Ian Thornley “Roughneck” model. Love this guitar and it’s so versatile. Over the last 4 years I’ve become such a fan of his guitars and pickups.
916629D7-D7AE-46EA-ACEC-412AB03FDC14.jpeg

Attachments

• 27DBCAD1-4DC2-4DED-A780-44DD42C99DE1.jpeg
    27DBCAD1-4DC2-4DED-A780-44DD42C99DE1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • CDE40945-8B50-4741-A5BD-5878D507A751.jpeg
    CDE40945-8B50-4741-A5BD-5878D507A751.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
2011 R9 with Bare Knuckle Black Dogs, been my #1 for over seven years now. Just an incredible sounding and playing guitar, honestly the best I've ever had in my hands. Absolutely huge sounding live, has a great blend of hard rock cut and upper mids but also old school midrange sweetness on the bridge, with nice clear bottom end, while also having amazing clarity on the neck pickup. Super comfy to play and just has that sound that is so perfect. Love the neck, too.

0AAD9355-364F-4EBB-B420-64F5D92DABE6.jpeg

View attachment 1648

You're my hair twin. But unfortunately not my gear twin :oops:

Back