Show me your #1 and tell me why

These are my #1's They are both Warmoth Soloist bodies with Charvel necks. The Satin Burgundy Mist is my "strat" which is the tone in my head for 90% of what I play. The fancy one is the Aquamarine finish and it covers all the other sounds I need. It has a super 5 way and 2 push pulls so it gets a lot of tones out of it.

sCBNHpe.jpg

One day I will also own 7 string versions of these guitars but the 7 string versions wont replace these because I dont need 7 strings all the time.
So, did they do the wider neck pocket for you, or did you mod them?

It's nice to see more EBMMs in this thread @Johnny Kemper . TGP forum led me to believe that nobody plays them (!). I felt that I got crickets when mentioning my EBMM Cutlass over there haha.

Last edited:
My current #1 is in my profile pic. 2010 USA Charvel "raw" neck, 1988 Model 3 body, OFR from sometime in the '90s, Duncan JB and Quarter Pounders.

465EC7A1-987C-48AD-A3DE-CC9A356C95B9.jpeg

The perfect Strat that isn’t a Strat. This is my current number one, but that could change.

I'm working on my previous number one, a 2006 Highway One HSS that I put a Warmoth roasted maple neck with Earvana compensated nut, Railhammer Anvil bridge pickup and Duncan Quarter Pound neck and middle, Obsidian Wire HSS 7 way wiring harness, Callaham tremolo and locking tuners on. It may creep back into the number one spot once I get it fine tuned.

Attachments

• 9A09340B-F591-430D-B934-212CE4271DE4.jpeg
    9A09340B-F591-430D-B934-212CE4271DE4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • D04DC6E5-AAB4-4786-9B6E-4C1434D06154.jpeg
    D04DC6E5-AAB4-4786-9B6E-4C1434D06154.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
View attachment 208
The perfect Strat that isn’t a Strat. This is my current number one, but that could change.

I'm working on my previous number one, a 2006 Highway One HSS that I put a Warmoth roasted maple neck with Earvana compensated nut, Railhammer Anvil bridge pickup and Duncan Quarter Pound neck and middle, Obsidian Wire HSS 7 way wiring harness, Callaham tremolo and locking tuners on. It may creep back into the number one spot once I get it fine tuned.

Wow! Those colours are right up my street!

My four ESP E-II’s are my number ones. My daily beaters are a mix of the LTD versions of them with slight variations.

The Japanese built ESP’s are well built and very consistent quality-wise IMO.
Love those ST-2s - I think they're my favourite guitar that ESP has ever put out on visuals and specs alone, but I never got the chance to try one.
I'd love a flamed green one with rosewood fretboard, or a maple / amber one.

I'm kinda bummed that they only made them for a short time. Maybe they're still a thing in Japan?

23 years now my Wolfgang just has that thing I cant describe. The Warmoth is soo close though because solos just fall off this neck.. its weirdly fantastic, I have to include it. Old news for some of you.

Attachments

• wolf1.jpg
    wolf1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 26
  • warmoth night jam.jpg
    warmoth night jam.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 35
Love those ST-2s - I think they're my favourite guitar that ESP has ever put out on visuals and specs alone, but I never got the chance to try one.
I'd love a flamed green one with rosewood fretboard, or a maple / amber one.

I'm kinda bummed that they only made them for a short time. Maybe they're still a thing in Japan?
That’s true… available just a short time. Not sure why as they are top-notch. But I can’t complain, I got them all on clearance as a result.

I paid less for all four than two cost today… 1.1K-1.3K each versus 2.5K a piece is not bad. Les Pauls, Super Strat shredders and a hot-rod Strat voiced for ZZTop and Texas hot blues. Came with nice cases and strap locks too.

Love me some ESP. Even the LTD’s can be a great deal. The Alex Skolnick LTD on the left in the bottom picture easily beat out a 3K Gibson Les Paul that I bought and compared it to. The Gibson went straight back. $770 on sale new.

Plus ESP customer service has treated me well. Sent me a free replacement tuner head on a cheap Les Paul LTD EC-256 that I broke in a soft shell by tossing it in a trunk… with some cool ESP stickers. They get my vote every time. But I’m set and haven’t bought one in a few years. I hope they’ve kept the quality up.

Last edited:
I’m submitting another #1, because technically, I have a #1 for each style I’m writing in. :grin

As soon as Ola put out these E-types I wanted one. The color is off a bit in this pic due to the LED’s in my apartment, it’s grey/black, not purple at all. This thing is a beast of a beast and if it weighed less than 10lbs I’d be pretty surprised. Just because the way this thing feels when you put it on, you want to play heavy riffs. I keep it in drop-C. It’s my first Evertune guitar and I don’t think it’ll be my last and it definitely won’t be my last Solar. Think I’m going to put a Duncan Nazgul in the bridge, but the stock pickups are pretty slick on their own.

68B567EF-AB91-4204-AFD3-DA06F76AB2C5.jpeg

Back