Show me your #1 and tell me why

The UV7P's are fetching $5K+ now, which is kind of nuts. For a long while the swirls and florals were getting that kind of money because each one is, arguably, unique. I guess the UV7Ps are just old enough and rare enough to warrant those asking prices now? Anyway, if I pulled that kind of money from mine, I'd immediately feel weird about the disparity vs. what I paid my friend for it. And it still kind of feels like its his in some ways.

Ah, Jems... I have a long, sordid history with the 77FP, myself. :) Jem 77P and Boogie MkIIc+ are "my big ones that got away". Sometimes I think I should just dip into the HELOC and make myself whole again... (NO MARC NO!)

Yeah, there are less than 900 UV7PHW’s out there, I think it’s 862?

Really, all early 90’s JEM’s and UV’s are going for crazy prices and it won’t be long before those UV7PWH’s are fetching $7K+, the UV77MC’s already are. I just think about all the money I blew on weed back in high school when I could have been buying either one of those guitars for +/- $2000.

Imagine what Norm, or Carter's, or Gruhn's thinks about all the gear they let go so cheap back in the day. :idk

I get it, but man that's such a dead end and only leads to tears of regret. :LOL:

Yeah, I won’t allow myself to spend much time thinking about stuff I got rid off, I just corrected that by not getting rid of stuff anymore. I’m selling that PRS to my best friend just because I know he’s too lazy to ever sell it, so I’ll always have it around to some capacity even though I never play it anymore.

If Carter’s has always looked like it does, with guitars stuff into every nook and cranny of the place, I’d imagine they let go of some pretty crazy sh*t. EJ was talking about buying ‘50’s Strats for $250 all day long back in the 70’s and early 80’s. That makes my knees buckle.

In which case? :rimshot

ki1afagacbe8heoorh8b.jpg

If you think the price for that UV has gotten crazy, you should what that case is worth now by itself.

Yeah, there are less than 900 UV7PHW’s out there, I think it’s 862?

Really, all early 90’s JEM’s and UV’s are going for crazy prices and it won’t be long before those UV7PWH’s are fetching $7K+, the UV77MC’s already are. I just think about all the money I blew on weed back in high school when I could have been buying either one of those guitars for +/- $2000.
Meanwhile there are only ~20 of those Hamer Virtuosos in existence - and every one of them is unique. :oops: Of course the Virt doesn't have the broad appeal of Jems or Universes - no artist name recognition, and again, not super versatile. More of a niche shred-head/ Hamer collector thing. But when I do get offers they're generally north of $5K (and I never have any trouble saying "no" LOL.)

I was literally broke throughout high school and most of college, so no regrets there, I guess? But if, in the early '90s, my collective bar tab could have gone into guitars and amps instead... I'd be selling off that collection now, and retiring. :D

If you think the price for that UV has gotten crazy, you should what that case is worth now by itself.
And it's a fugly case. And they smell funny. (Or at least they did back in the 90's LOL. That glue smell does finally mello after about a quarter of a century...)

And it's a fugly case. And they smell funny. (Or at least they did back in the 90's LOL. That glue smell does finally mello after about a quarter of a century...)

I never smelled a pink-lined case, but the smell of the red velvet lined cases….oh man, I love it. I still catch a hint of it when I open my JEM case and it brings me back to sitting in the backseat of my psychotic future stepmother’s car on the way back from Manny’s Music, opening the case for the first time and seeing my dream guitar in front of me in total disbelief that it was in my hands. That was 1000x cooler than the day I lost my virginity. :rofl

That's a tough question.
For the last 6 years it's been this MIM Tele. It's stock except for the bridge P/U which is a Kent Armstrong Chaos humbucker. There are 3 differ models of that blade bucker and I don't know which this one is because I got it used. It's the guitar I've recorded the most in the last 2 years. I

AbF1mRw.jpg

Last summer I bought a Charvel San Dimas. That guitar has been my #1 since I got it.

PxrF3Rs.jpg

Yesterday I made a long required modification to an old friend and installed a Super Distortion and 36th Anniversary set in my '02 Standard. HUGE improvement over the original BB Pros I've suffered with for the last 20 years. No wonder I stopped playing it after I sold my Plexi. Total game changer!

J0VHk50.jpg

Bump thread.

Here's my one and only guitar. I put it together back in 2015 when a friend started a band. Its my one love... tried many better and much more expensive guitars (AZ Prestige for example which was great) but im so happy with this thing.

Partscaster
Spec:
Hosco Japan Alder body.
All nickel hardware. Gotoh bridge.
Seymour Duncan little 59 set. (Bridge is a mini humbucker)
Obsidian Wire Vintage 3-way, premade drop in cabling and such.
Warmoth, 2 piece roasted maple neck. Stainless frets and Compound radius.
I put on Tru-Oil. (Best neck I've ever had... would have liked rolled edges, but it's fine.)

IMG_0595.jpeg
IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_0599.jpeg
IMG_0600.jpeg

Misstakes and unknowns.
Not 100% sure on the neck body line up. Looks fine though.
I split the fretboard from the neck when I mounted it because the last fret were catching the pick guard. Heard a crack and my heart broke....
But I managed to glue it and it's fine since :facepalm. Neck seems stable and I rarely have to adjust it in the heel part. It has an extra side adjustment which seems to be enough to adjust for seasons.
I wanted one ply, 5 screw and neck pickup screws... probably sacrilege everything about that... so what :rofl

Last edited:
Bump thread.

Here's my one and only guitar. I put it together back in 2015 when a friend started a band. Its my one love... tried many better and much more expensive guitars (AZ Prestige for example which was great) but im so happy with this thing.

Partscaster
Spec:
Hosco Japan Alder body.
Warmoth, 2 piece roasted maple neck. I put on Tru-Oil. (Best neck I've ever had... would have liked rolled edges, but its fine.)

View attachment 7207View attachment 7208View attachment 7209View attachment 7210
Misstakes and unknowns.
I split the fretboard from the neck when I mounted the it because the last fret were catching the pick guard. Heard a crack and my heart broke....
But I managed to glue it and it's fine since :facepalm. Neck seems stable and I rarely have to adjust it in the heel part. It has an extra side adjustment which seems to be enough to adjust for seasons.
I wanted one ply, 5 screw and neck pickup screws... probably sacrilege everything about that... so what :rofl
LOVE it!

Thanks! It's the one. Im happy that I didn't go for chrome because the nickel stuff age in a cool way, a few spots and colorings are starting to show on the hardware. Id like it to get worn faster... but im honestly to damn clean and careful :rofl So it will probably look like this forever. Im not good at even pretending rock star.

Thanks! It's the one. Im happy that I didn't go for chrome because the nickel stuff age in a cool way, a few spots and colorings are starting to show on the hardware. Id like it to get worn faster... but im honestly to damn clean and careful :rofl So it will probably look like this forever. Im not good at even pretending rock star.
Love hte finish and hardware choices! You did good kid!

Bump thread.

Partscaster
Spec:
Hosco Japan Alder body.
I put on Tru-Oil. (Best neck I've ever had... would have liked rolled edges, but it's fine.)

View attachment 7207View attachment 7208View attachment 7209View attachment 7210
Misstakes and unknowns.
I split the fretboard from the neck when I mounted it because the last fret were catching the pick guard. Heard a crack and my heart broke....

That’s f*cking SWEET!

A Tele will most likely be my next guitar and I’ve been thinking about what finish I want it in, you may have just answered that question for me.

Bump thread.

Partscaster
Spec:
Hosco Japan Alder body.

Misstakes and unknowns.
Holy shit!!! For some reason I’ve never been a Tele guy, until I saw yours…
I Hate You GIF by Travis

Back