Ross Electronics Resurrected

this guy approves:

1692113784111.png

Yeah, I'll definitely get the compressor and compare it to the clone I built. Cause of this guy right here ^ :LOL:

I was hoping for Lovepedal clones when I saw the teaser, but I aint mad!

Yeah, I'll definitely get the compressor and compare it to the clone I built. Cause of this guy right here ^ :LOL:

I was hoping for Lovepedal clones when I saw the teaser, but I aint mad!
I’m digging the Fuzz. But the compressor is a classic. Trey has good taste that’s for sure.

I do not understand the hate that JHS gets. People would rather rehash rumors from 20 years ago than learn something from someone who actually knows what the hell they are talking about.
I thought there was more than just "rumors"? I could be totally wrong though.

Anyhow, I'm not a hater of that guy these days, but his offensive YouTube marketing schtick kinda puts me off...

His collection is pretty impressive though.

Also, anytime Josh says "original circuit" or "designed by JHS", I do some research and then have to cringe a bit. ;) (Latest example: EHX Lizard Queen)

I do not understand the hate that JHS gets. People would rather rehash rumors from 20 years ago than learn something from someone who actually knows what the hell they are talking about.
It’s something that occurred, Josh explained himself, and people either moved on, or (unfortunately) didn’t.

I mean, people still give Mason Marangello money, and he’s demonstratively a fraud. I think Josh is not anywhere near that spectrum.

What the hell is going on with Sweetwater and Mason, BTW? Has he managed to shmooze into somebody's confidence at the top over there? The way they're pushing his pedalboards, amps etc., - well it's just super weird and makes no sense to me.
Dunno man. I think it’s really a bad look to give that guy more exposure, but then again I‘m no business expert.

Kind of on-topic, but I actually won the Ernie Ball Trivia Time on the JHS Show livestream today. :grin

I don’t believe I’ve won anything since I won a tip-board for about $30 at my grade school carnival, back when I was about 12. I was playing cakewalk (musical chairs) when they announced my name. 😂

Box of Ernie Ball Slinkys incoming! 🙂

This leans perfectly into Josh’s wheelhouse, being able to resurrect a classic brand.
I think it also leans into "thinking people care about these old things more than they do". These pedals have been improved upon ages ago, so other than nostalgia or "my guitar heroes used them on X song" is there much reason to buy one?

I think it also leans into "thinking people care about these old things more than they do". These pedals have been improved upon ages ago, so other than nostalgia or "my guitar heroes used them on X song" is there much reason to buy one?
True. Pretty niche-y, even if they sound good.

Back