Request: Quintessential Fuzz Pedal Song List

kartikg3

Roadie
Please educate this self-declared fuzz newbie with YOUR quintessential and/or famous Fuzz song list. I really only consciously know a very few songs, possibly by Jimi Hendrix, Eric Johnson and David Gilmour, and perhaps something by John Petrucci, that uses fuzz. I may have heard other songs, but possibly did not realize that it's the fuzz at play. Please educate me by mentioning your favourite fuzz songs.

Please mention the song, artist (video/Spotify links welcome), and if possible the fuzz they used.

Super Fuzz Classics GIF by JHS Pedals

I'm not a fuzz aficionado by any means, but here are some picks:

Isaac Hayes - Walk On By

Guitarist: Harold Beane

Fuzz: Maestro Fuzz-Tone FZ-1

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

Guitarist: Eddie Hazel

Fuzz: I don't know! For me it sounds like a Fuzz Face but apparently Eddie primarily used the above mentioned FZ-1 'round those times. Some "sources" (ramblings on the internet) says it could be some kind of fuzz-wah. Anyway, great fuzzed and psyched out solo!

The Isley Brothers - Summer Breeze pts. 1 & 2

Guitarist: Ernie Isley

Fuzz: EHX Big Muff

Gilmour-
Dark Side/WYWH/Animals- Fuzz Face
The Wall through The Division Bell- Mostly Big Muffs

EJ uses it in doses, but it's probably most easily identifiable in this tune. He switches to his Marshall tone a few times, but once you're about 90 seconds in you can pick up on when it's clearly a fuzz and not a distorted tone-

Gilmour-
Dark Side/WYWH/Animals- Fuzz Face
The Wall through The Division Bell- Mostly Big Muffs

EJ uses it in doses, but it's probably most easily identifiable in this tune. He switches to his Marshall tone a few times, but once you're about 90 seconds in you can pick up on when it's clearly a fuzz and not a distorted tone-

One of my fav songs from one of my fav EJ albums!

Back