REVV amps opinions

GTR37

Shredder
On paper this amp looks amazing
And I want to love it , being Canadian and all . It’s looks like an amazing all in one solution load box
2 notes ir loader, reverb , gate
Solo master .
Every video of Shawn Tubbs makes it sound amazing but there are so many bad videos or them
To be honest I don’t love the Fractal models so that scares me a bit , they just kind of sound like a distortion pedal into a clean amp
Anyone own one that can comment ?

I owned a Generator MKII and did not like it. Very polished tone that didn't move the needle for me. Any other boutique amps you've considered?

Maybe the MKIII is better?

@Deadpan maybe? I tried the G20(?) at a GC once and it was about as underwhelming as you can get. Yuck.

I owned a Generator MKII and did not like it. Very polished tone that didn't move the needle for me. Any other boutique amps you've considered?

Maybe the MKIII is better?
Considering the Bogner XTC 50 or Syn30 , the Revv appeal is the all in one really , power modes , headphones w IR for late night jams
Rev , gate but if it sounds like turds that’s not going to save it

Considering the Bogner XTC 50 or Syn30 , the Revv appeal is the all in one really , power modes , headphones w IR for late night jams
Rev , gate but if it sounds like turds that’s not going to save it
Gotcha. Yeah it definitely has some nice features!

The syn line (with a good power amp) sounds fantastic. I've never played a bogner unfortunately.

Gotcha. Yeah it definitely has some nice features!

The syn line (with a good power amp) sounds fantastic. I've never played a bogner unfortunately.
How close would you say the Fractal modelling is to the Revv from your memory ?
The Fractal models to me almost seem thin like they are missing some low mid , scooped sounding and to me have a weird feel
Tight but not percussive , Still kind of a boomy low end

I have the 120 mkii. It's a picky amp to the cabinet used. Use a buffer before the amp also. It is very versatile once you get it right.

I will get mine out of storage soon.

I have the 120 mkii. It's a picky amp to the cabinet used. Use a buffer before the amp also. It is very versatile once you get it right.

I will get mine out of storage soon.
Ya in all the clips they seem to favor
V30 or H75 , I have heard it does not play well w GBs as well
Also a few said they don’t boost well depending on where the aggression is set

I really want to get away from the same old Marshall/mesa/5150’s and get into some of these newer companies but I just never hear anything that’s gonna make me do that

Have you looked at KSR? I spent a long time researching before deciding on them. Could not be happier with the Ares I recently picked up.

gkvzhkwh4rd0ofblxr21.jpg

Have you looked at KSR? I spent a long time researching before deciding on them. Could not be happier with the Ares I recently picked up.

View attachment 10912
I had a KSR Gemini and it was a great amp but still heavily in the
Mesa / Soldano camp ,very smoothNot that there’s anything wrong with that it sounded great and Kyle is A1 to deal with.

Another thing that I think hurts them though is all demos tend to lean metal much like Revv ( except for Shawn Tubbs ) Kyle needs a Shawn Tubbs 🤔

KSR, Mezzabarba, um...I know there are a few more in this general camp?

The only sort of off the radar but now oddly back on radar amp I have been needlessly looking at is the BadCat Lynx. Not the same feature set obviously.

KSR, Mezzabarba, um...I know there are a few more in this general camp?

The only sort of off the radar but now oddly back on radar amp I have been needlessly looking at is the BadCat Lynx. Not the same feature set obviously.
I was surprised at how much gain those have in the recent clips
By the Sleveless Petrucci guy
I never associated bad cat with modern hi gain

Reactions: JT
I never associated bad cat with modern hi gain

Pretty sure it's their first foray into a straight up fire breather. Love that it has a built in gate. Every damn demo of that thing sounds amazing. Even Ola noted he rarely gets excited over gear anymore but he raved like nuts over the Lynx. I'll be picking one up once they start hitting the used market at decent prices.

Playing some Revv captures everyone was raving about on the QC kind of killed my interest in those amps... A lot of variety, not much inspiration on my end.

Playing some Revv captures everyone was raving about on the QC kind of killed my interest in those amps... A lot of variety, not much inspiration on my end.
Ya I am the same , playing the Fractal models , I am like I know I shouldn’t judge on this but my experience with them and the G20 has not left me that impressed
I’ll play the Revv red and then pull up the Bogner Red and instantly the Revv sounds thin and anemic

The D20, I owned, was a very good pedal platform, but then again, your drive pedals are shaping the tone. Well made, IMHO.

Back