What’s the story on the Triple Crown?

When you try to be all things to all people you end up being nothing to no one. :wat

How about an Hughes and Kettner with that super fancy blue backlighting in the
chassis, @metropolis_4 ?

:rubshands :LOL:

In all seriousness, us guitar players/amp guys are picky bastards. We want the Marshall "thing" but not a Marshall, we want the Boogie "thing" but not a Boogie :LOL:

You know what the solution to "bad" cleans is, don't you?
73qfl9.jpg

They have been my go-to amp for demoing guitars since they came out. Were I using a big amp in a cover band, I would not hesitate to buy one.

:rubshands :LOL:

In all seriousness, us guitar players/amp guys are picky bastards. We want the Marshall "thing" but not a Marshall, we want the Boogie "thing" but not a Boogie :LOL:

I wish I could just be like Yngwie "why would I need something that sounds 'like' a Marshall? I've got a Marshall"

They're not bad. Just not the sweet spot of the amp.

That's kind of reminding me how I felt about my Mark IV. I remember there was a long stretch where Mesa amps were always pretty dull sounding, but then they seemed to really make some big improvements around the time of the Electradyne and Mark V (now with the Fillmore and Cali Tweed). I wasn't sure if the TC was more like the old Mesa or the new Mesa when it comes to cleans and light breakup tones.

I wish I could just be like Yngwie "why would I need something that sounds 'like' a Marshall? I've got a Marshall"

That's kind of reminding me how I felt about my Mark IV. I remember there was a long stretch where Mesa amps were always pretty dull sounding, but then they seemed to really make some big improvements around the time of the Electradyne and Mark V (now with the Fillmore and Cali Tweed). I wasn't sure if the TC was more like the old Mesa or the new Mesa when it comes to cleans and light breakup tones.

I also owned a Fillmore 50 head. Also a very good amp. A little more alive clean than the TC50. Another Mesa amp you may look at is the TA30. No MIDI but super versatile and every setting sounds good.

@la szum is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of the TA30. So much so I got GAS for it just from the form factor and his description.
TA30 combo was my first Mesa. Loved the sound but the combo has the controls on top, towards the back, and facing backwards. It was impossible to read upside down the the multiple dials and switches from the front of the amp. WFT were they thinking IDK. I'd buy a head though again.

TA30 combo was my first Mesa. Loved the sound but the combo has the controls on top, towards the back, and facing backwards. It was impossible to read upside down the the multiple dials and switches from the front of the amp. WFT were they thinking IDK. I'd buy a head though again.

I think it was a VOX thing? But yeah, annoying.

Count me in with those who found the whole TA series pretty fugly.

I think it was a VOX thing? But yeah, annoying.

Count me in with those who found the whole TA series pretty fugly.
The Vox doesn't have all those switches. Leaning over the top of the combo amp to read them wasn't fun. Otherwise, I did really like it. I also had a TA15 head for a while. That's a great little amp but no FX loop.

The Vox doesn't have all those switches. Leaning over the top of the combo amp to read them wasn't fun. Otherwise, I did really like it. I also had a TA15 head for a while. That's a great little amp but no FX loop.

Same. I think the added girth/headroom of the 30 is essential. Also, the added gain stage on the 30, with the
FX Loop pushes it over the top compared to the 15. Still think it is one of the best amps Mesa ever made. So
insanely versatile and somehow still sounds great in each mode. I won't ever be without mine. Thank you, Jesus. : :chef

Back