Realbook.site

I have fond memories of taking my guitar teachers real book to get a copy made and bound. Real right of passage in the early 90s.

I wonder how long this site will survive before it gets a takedown notice from the big publishers?

I wonder how long this site will survive before it gets a takedown notice from the big publishers?
Was wondering the same thing, can they copyright this? What about Songster and Ultimate guitar and who knows how many sites with sheet music and lyrics and tabs?

Was wondering the same thing, can they copyright this? What about Songster and Ultimate guitar and who knows how many sites with sheet music and lyrics and tabs?
No clue. This stuff is murky law shit.

Songster and Ultimate get around publisher's taking them down by requiring their transcriptions to be from users who hand write them. They're not distributing copies of any publisher's transcription of the music.

Like, it's not a violation of anyone's copyright for me to write out the chords to Wonderwall and share them.

But if I scanned the pages for Wonderwall from Hal Leonard's transcription book Oasis: Time Flies... that'd definitely be a violations of Hal Leonard's copyright and they'd come after me.

The original, underground, Real Book kind of skirted around copyrights and stuff. Hal Leonard definitely tried to stamp it out before they figured out a "legitimate" version from them could make them money. Wikipedia for source.

Definitely stuff gets takedowns from those sites like Songsterr if the transcription is too close to a publisher's version.

Yeah, these are pretty much genuine, new sheets, so I doubt there'll be much (if any) copyright issues.

Back