Jimmy Page? He's sloppy live.

Ewww Ringo

Ringo Starr Cake GIF by Ringo Peace and Love

Getting back to JP, he has always been one of my favorites if not the favorite. I have been trying to learn a lot of his stuff lately and between my LP and Stomp XL, I can also get pretty close to the TOANZZZZZ!!

Getting back to JP, he has always been one of my favorites if not the favorite. I have been trying to learn a lot of his stuff lately and between my LP and Stomp XL, I can also get pretty close to the TOANZZZZZ!!

This is a funny video. Joe discussing the big 3 from the Yardbirds and their different approaches to a Les Paul. He starts with Clapton, moves to Beck, and then it gets a little funny with Page. Video already cued up. The Page part is 16:42 if you want to ff.

Well, unless I stumble into some kind of crazy deal for a Tele with a B-Bender already
installed this latest pipe dream is going to have to wait for quite awhile. Had no idea
it was so costly.

I may keep one eye peeled, though. Just in case. ;)

Well, unless I stumble into some kind of crazy deal for a Tele with a B-Bender already
installed this latest pipe dream is going to have to wait for quite awhile. Had no idea
it was so costly.

I may keep one eye peeled, though. Just in case. ;)

I think if I get a Tele, I may as well get one with a B-Bender. There's a bunch of Hellecasters stuff I'd LOVE to jam on to hit up that nostalgia dopamine and I've just always loved the way they sound.

This is a funny video. Joe discussing the big 3 from the Yardbirds and their different approaches to a Les Paul. He starts with Clapton, moves to Beck, and then it gets a little funny with Page. Video already cued up. The Page part is 16:42 if you want to ff.

Yeah, I'll check it out! That video has popped up in my YT feed a few times, and I have always wanted to watch it, but by the time I go looking for it, it's gone. Thanks!!

Yeah, I'll check it out! That video has popped up in my YT feed a few times, and I have always wanted to watch it, but by the time I go looking for it, it's gone. Thanks!!

I realize I kinda hyped the funny part when in fact it's a subtle inside joke for us Page nuts. He effortlessly apes Clapton and Beck's tones AND styles and then when it gets to Page he really sounds nothing like him until he whips out Whole Lotta Love for a few bars. Then he explains how weird Page's style is and concludes "so weird I'm not even going to try doing him." :grin

I think if I get a Tele, I may as well get one with a B-Bender. There's a bunch of Hellecasters stuff I'd LOVE to jam on to hit up that nostalgia dopamine and I've just always loved the way they sound.

So you are saying I am not completely crazy after all?? Or just not the only crazy one?? :hugitout

Man, thanks, Drew! :beer

:rofl

I realize I kinda hyped the funny part when in fact it's a subtle inside joke for us Page nuts. He effortlessly apes Clapton and Beck's tones AND styles and then when it gets to Page he really sounds nothing like him until he whips out Whole Lotta Love for a few bars. Then he explains how weird Page's style is and concludes "so weird I'm not even going to try doing him." :grin

Yeah, no offense to Joe, but he is so not where I am looking when it comes to Jimmy or Jeff. :facepalm

Eric Johnson and Clapton? Maybe. Slightly. :LOL:

Must have been the weight.

:rofl

I honestly think it was because he kept winning more and more of the magazine awards for "Best Live Guitarist" and felt he had to keep trying to improve on the flash with each tour. He wore things much higher (relatively) early on.

florida_sunshine_f.jpg

Back