Jimmy Page? He's sloppy live.

For me Page was up there but,
in sequence of awe inspiring guitar from my youth it was …
Tony
Uli
Randy

If it happens I'll just get something super cheap that plays well. Probably another Squier Tele. :idk

I dug The Firm. And The Honeydrippers.
But yeah RP solo stuff is :chef

Man, you'd think that The Firm would have been massive. Paul Rodgers and Jimmy? How
could that not work?

I revisited both albums a bit ago and it was some rough listening. For me. They clearly were not
a good fit. Not enough chemistry. Either good or bad. To me. :idk

Man, you'd think that The Firm would have been massive. Paul Rodgers and Jimmy? How
could that not work?

Jimmy should have been in Betty Ford by that point, not on the road. I got to see one of their shows and it's was great cause it was JIMMY PAGE and between the crowd noise and bad acoustics you couldn't tell how bad his playing was - but the guy was a total wreck. It was embarrassing in a lot of ways. But the lasers were freaking cool as all hell!

Last edited:
could that not work?

I revisited both albums a bit ago and it was some rough listening. For me. They clearly were not
a good fit. Not enough chemistry. Either good or bad. To me. :idk
Because Robert Plant is infinitely better in combination with Page.

Thanks! I think I am going to hunt one down and put it in the Edwards LP.

I was playing last night and that JB in there is just way too freaking hot to get JP tones (which
most people seem to over gain and get way dirtier than Jimmy ever did). :idk

Heh…..my original intent with my Orville was to be the ‘classic rock LP’ for exactly those kinds of tones. That Aldrich is way too hot for that but every time I pick that guitar up I find another reason why I won’t touch the electronics ever again. It’s too perfect. I fight with how it plays half the time due to the low frets, but holy shit that guitar sounds so damn good.

Which means I have to buy another Les Paul for the classic rock thing! (Exactly why I was looking at Greco’s last week)

By that metric, Ringo’s solo career would place him as the creative spark behind The Beatles…

Paul McCartney on Line 3 has a bone to pick with you. :rofl

39 releases since The Beatles disbanded to Ringo's 20. :idk

Last edited:
Heh…..my original intent with my Orville was to be the ‘classic rock LP’ for exactly those kinds of tones. That Aldrich is way too hot for that but every time I pick that guitar up I find another reason why I won’t touch the electronics ever again. It’s too perfect. I fight with how it plays half the time due to the low frets, but holy shit that guitar sounds so damn good.

Which means I have to buy another Les Paul for the classic rock thing! (Exactly why I was looking at Greco’s last week)

These are real problems/dilemmas that only more options can ever truly solve. :beer

What about a Lap Steel? :idea

I actually have an old Fender 400 Pedal Steel, but it takes up half the room whenever I set it up,
and it is a lot to take in.

I am just really in love with Telecasters right now, which is kind of weird considering how I have
not got on with them in the past. Must be I needed to "mature" enough. :LOL:

Back